Green as green can be - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 09-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Green as green can be

Guys, Ok thank all of you for the help in selecting what rod and reel I need for surf fishing. Now, my next question is what other gear is a necessity for surf fishing, Waders, corkers, lure bags? Sorry, for the brain dead question but I really don't know.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Green as green can be

Jim has an archive on what to start with. You might find it doing a search on this site. It helped me a lot. But I would start with a good surf bag. Breathable or neoprene waders. Felt sole wading boots. Korkers (spikes to go over the boots for the slippery rocks). A spool of leader material, swivels, clips, a few bucktails and tins, some good plugs like a pencil popper and a darter, maybe a danny and a needlefish as well, a headlamp, knife, pliers, and patience

And if you can find someone to hook up with that has experience....that's the best
Old 09-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Make sure that headlamp is RED not White!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Striper Hunter

Why does the headlamp need to be red and not white
thanks guys
Old 09-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Striper Hunter

LOL white can scare the fish away. But on mine it has both red and white and so I can turn on either. As much as I can I try to use only the red beam but there are times when my eyes do not function as well as they used to...especially at night when I do most of my fishing so I have to use white at times