Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2016 Big D fishing reports (post'em here)

18K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  force125 
#1 ·
Welcome to the 2016 season the the Delaware river.

Post your reports here.

Hello old friends and welcome newbies

Here's to a great spring and summer Striper run on thendelaware river.

Post'em if you got'em

Catch'em up

#3 · (Edited)
Fished the Delaware south of the city on the PA side last night from 6:30-8:30 High tide was 8:50. Had a lot of bites and landed my first ever bass at about 7:30. Caught on bagged bloodworms.

Saw a guy bagging his worms last year and decided to give it a shot after losing 2 dozen worms between Monday and Tuesday. Picked up some white mesh tool fabric and some tiny clear rubber bands from Dollar Tree and gave it a shot. Put 2 bloods in the fabric, twisted it tight into a ball, cut off the extra fabric, and hooked it.

Normally, a worm would last maybe 15 minutes. Id get a couple bites, they would stop, and I'd reel up a bare hook. Last night using bagged worms, Those 2 worms lasted 45 minutes with constant nibbles from smaller fish until I hooked the bass. I'll definitely be trying this method again in the future.

Attachments

#5 ·
I'll take some pictures next time I go out but i found a picture to demonstrate the general concept I use. Just put 1 or 2 worms in a square of fabric, use a small rubber band to close it up, and put it on the hook. I'll usually step on the bag to squish up the worms a bit before I cast to help with "scent"

Attachments

#11 ·
You fishing from land? Are you on the pa side or jersey side? Weather is very discouraging it makes me think that about time it gets nice the fish would of ran by me. I fish from land but this year I was moving up into the pennsgrove area do anybody no if they allow fishing after sunset? Do anybody on hear think the run will last into May because the weather hasn't been right for a few weeks I no few have caught some small ones though but it's just frustrating not being able to get out even if I don't catch nothing long as I'm not working.

#24 ·
Hey all, I finally got the boat ready over the weekend. I will be out all day this Saturday. Has anyone used the Frankford Arsenal ramp yet this season. Are the docks in and ready. Let's pick a channel on the 2 ways so we can keep in touch out on the water. I try this every year. Mine will be on Saturday, let's just pick a channel. See yall on the water, Chuckles

#26 ·
Nice fish chemteach 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
I been around but haven't been on the river yet this year been doing mostly saltwater back bay and surf. After last 2 years with all the idiots on the river I kind of been purposely trying to avoid the river this season. I may splash the boat this weekend on the river. Haven't decided yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.