Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Why was the fishing pier at Frankford Arsenal closed.

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pyrotj 
#1 ·
Could anyone give me advice as to who I could call to get the fishing pier at the Frankford Arsenal to re-open. It has a chain locked fence on it now that says closed for the season. WHY? I see no reason why this spot would be closed. Many other fishermen are just as upset as I am. Since when is there a 'Fishing Season' on the very public Delaware river. And yet anyone can fish anywhere along the Delaware all year long. Why is this particular spot closed off to the public? If anyone can give me advice on how to get it reopened I/We would be grateful. Thanks All, TJ

#3 ·
Why do you seem to find my request funny? There are no other fishing spots along the river that are currently closed, Linden Ave, Station Ave, Penns Landing, Penns Port, Camer Ave, Neshaminy, etc. Why only this one?

And yes, they are doing construction on the grounds there for the new Dietz & Watson plant, but that area is far from the fishing area. I think I have a Legitimate gripe about this spot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.