Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Newbie question about fishing the delaware

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wesleypipes 
#1 ·
Hi Guys- I've been fishing the surf for bass and now thinking of trying the Delaware. I have two 9" medium power rods, 8'6" medium power steelhead rod and a 10" medium heavy. All loaded with braid.

I'm looking for info on rigging for bait (bloodworms?)and some good lures to use. Use the 9' rods for bait?? Fishfinder rigs? Bank sinkers? SP minnows? Jigs?

I'll likely be bank fishing from the armory area north to Lambertville. Thanks for any tips guys.

#2 ·
Hi Guys- I've been fishing the surf for bass and now thinking of trying the Delaware. I have two 9" medium power rods, 8'6" medium power steelhead rod and a 10" medium heavy. All loaded with braid.

I'm looking for info on rigging for bait (bloodworms?)and some good lures to use. Use the 9' rods for bait?? Fishfinder rigs? Bank sinkers? SP minnows? Jigs?

I'll likely be bank fishing from the armory area north to Lambertville. Thanks for any tips guys.
Hey man welcome I don't use fish finder rigs myself I use a double clip down rig it has two hooks on it along with Sputnik sinkers. Sorry I no nothing about jigs or sp minnows and the guys who are fishing on land use bloodworms hands down that's all I use also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.