Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2015 Big D Fishing Reports (Post'em Here)

62K views 104 replies 19 participants last post by  BAHA MAN 
#1 ·
Fishing on the Delaware river in 2015.
Striped bass opens on the Delaware River March 1st, 2015.
Cheers to the 2015 season. Post reports here.... Photos are welcome.
See Ya out there. Catch'em up!

This 2015 fishing season is being dedicated to a very special and close friend, Godfather, and Uncle. RIP Gene Fittery Sr.

#39 ·
Haven't even ventured out this year to try yet. Hopefully within the next few days I can, since I have off from school for a few days. Might just try my luck in the creeks throwing cranks to see if a larry bites.

Water temp is still in the low forties at Trenton where I normally fish. I wouldn't see them coming up here until at least mid to late april.brick.gif

#40 ·
So I spoke a day too soon. Went out back for lunch today and sure enough we saw 4 nice sized fish jump out of the water today. Looked like large mouth. So glad to see life on the river again. Water was clearing up too. Not cloudy at all. I tried a popper and a frog, buddy of mine got a bite on a all white KVD swimmer but didn't set the hook. I think I'll be going in to work early tomorrow and try for a longer lunch. I know it's April fool's day, but I saw Email for my own eyes and I won't steer you guys wrong.

#44 ·
I hear ya. I would be out more, but now that I'm a chem teacher as well (ironic) and tutor after school hours I'm normally not home until 9 at night. No way I'm fishing after that. Haha. I'll be fishing saturday and sunday, just dont know for what and where. I'm sure the cold weather these next days will turn whatever bite there was off. So maybe sunday I'll venture to trenton with the big gear.

Hope everyone else is at least able to get out fishing for something!

#52 ·
Fished the beaches sat. Fished the river Sunday from 8am til 7pm and did better in the surf then I did the river and I only got 2 shorts from the beach on buck tails. Meanwhile my boy is catching 30,40,50lbers today from the river from the banks. Did get 2 catfish both were cold as ice. Also had 3 nice runs (def striper runs) that I coulnt comect on. Waters ranged from 46.7-48 then did find some 50 water but there was a stranded boat with 6 guys in it so me and my 12' 2hp Honda pulled that 20' boat a lil over 2000' yards to the ramp so my fishing was done for the day. Really shocked none of the bigger boats offered to help them and was even more shocked that not one bigger boat stopped to offer to take over pulling the boat when driving past me. Smfh the times R changing on the river. But my lil tin can got it done even if it took an hour lol going against a rising tide oh well going out again in a few. Catch'em up.

Trolled, chummed bunker, clam, bloodworm, fresh salmon belly, fresh squid, fresh octopus. (The last three are benefits of the restaurant lol) only the bunker caught.

#53 ·
Fished the beaches sat. Fished the river Sunday from 8am til 7pm and did better in the surf then I did the river and I only got 2 shorts from the beach on buck tails. Meanwhile my boy is catching 30,40,50lbers today from the river from the banks. Did get 2 catfish both were cold as ice. Also had 3 nice runs (def striper runs) that I coulnt comect on. Waters ranged from 46.7-48 then did find some 50 water but there was a stranded boat with 6 guys in it so me and my 12' 2hp Honda pulled that 20' boat a lil over 2000' yards to the ramp so my fishing was done for the day. Really shocked none of the bigger boats offered to help them and was even more shocked that not one bigger boat stopped to offer to take over pulling the boat when driving past me. Smfh the times R changing on the river. But my lil tin can got it done even if it took an hour lol going against a rising tide oh well going out again in a few. Catch'em up.

Trolled, chummed bunker, clam, bloodworm, fresh salmon belly, fresh squid, fresh octopus. (The last three are benefits of the restaurant lol) only the bunker caught.
Damn man, that's preetty beat, I was out in the river sunday, wish I saw a towing them I would have helped you out and took over! What part of the river were you in? I know we were trying to get out last year but it didn't pan out, let me know if you're trying to get out soon.

By the way we didn't catch a thing, few little nibbles, that was about it. :frustrated:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.