Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2014 Big D reports

83K views 265 replies 36 participants last post by  natenlogansdad 
#1 ·
Happy New Years to everyone here on 24/7. Hope this year brings a great bite for us all.
First report: today the river is covered in a sheet of ice. Hope the fingerlings of the last spawning season make it through the cold. Again the river is cover in ice stay home or hit the beaches of SNJ like I will be doing on Thursday.

Attachments

See less See more
#122 ·
Just getting off the water fished from 7:30am til 7:30pm managed 2 bass 23", 25" (released) and 1 cat missed several other fish the river turned dirty once tide changed to the in coming. Did see other boats and bank fishermen but didn't see any fish caught. Bunker caught.

Attachments

#128 ·
First time with the boat out this year since I don't have a truck to tow it with. If anyone has a truck and no boat message me maybe we can get together. I live in conshocken and usually launch out of chester. Anyways fished top of the tide around 5-9pm. Launched at chester started north of CBB NJ waters in 15ft with no results. Headed south of CBB around 6pm and got some action in NJ waters in 10ft. Got a total of four striper, 3 perch, and 2 big cats. All caught on bloods. Had a few misses and pulled the hook on another decent fish. Once the tide got rolling good the bite slowed down.

Attachments

#148 ·
Well looks like rain Saturday afternoon. Oh well, I am volunteering for a pit bull rescue in the morning so I am going to wait till Sunday. Going to do a all day run Sunday though. I will start using channel 68. Gravy, I will be down your way so call out for me, lets find them and catch them. Good luck all, Chuckles

#149 ·
so pumped, looks like i will be purchasing a boat soon. been about five years since i had to get rid of my old one. my sister in law lives in virginia and one of her in-laws is selling his 16.5ft bass tracker. only five years old. all-weld construction. 25hp merc hand controled. live well, depth finder foot controlled trolling motor in front. great price. just need to bring it home from VA. hope to be picking it up over the memorial day weekend.

no more bank fishing for me. :drive:

#150 ·
so pumped, looks like i will be purchasing a boat soon. been about five years since i had to get rid of my old one. my sister in law lives in virginia and one of her in-laws is selling his 16.5ft bass tracker. only five years old. all-weld construction. 25hp merc hand controled. live well, depth finder foot controlled trolling motor in front. great price. just need to bring it home from VA. hope to be picking it up over the memorial day weekend.

no more bank fishing for me. :drive:
Congrats! I haven't had a boat since my divorce...took my money, my dog and my boat (had to split it) Bitches!!! LoL:dont know:

#161 ·
Was out today from 8 till 2. Not only did the Flyers loose, but no fish. Major wind!!!!! Fished the northern tip of Petty island then went north to the flat just past the bridge. Nothing?????. Oh well. Water temp was 53. Had bloods and clam since Bobs bait was out of bunker. Live lined a pearch then chunked it. Nothing. I was marking fish above Petty island though. Hope it's better next weekend. Till then all, Chuckles

#162 ·
Fished a short trip today 3:30pm til 7:30pm fresh bunker 28-33' water first cast right after third rod got in the water one rod goes off and while releasing a 30" bass another rod goes off for a matching 30" both males couple other runs then nada for a while then got a 25" and 22". Heading out again tomorrow. Did see spawning or feed bass at a pretty constant clip out in the channel around 7pm-til I left. Loads of bait around right now also.

Attachments

#170 ·
Just pulled the boat finished with 3 bass 2 cats biggest bass 28" all on Brinkmans bunker in 30' of water. New fish finder worked nicely and marked several huge fish no big girls for me yet. Water temps climbed above 55 today. Incoming produced all the fish except one cat. On the way back to docks 40' of water marked nice school of large fish but I was done for the day.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.