Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

196K views 564 replies 45 participants last post by  Paul54 
#1 ·
Here's a glance at our river in 2013. Hope to place a report on Friday but most likely not til Sunday.

#243 ·
I fish up here in Morrisville right across from Trenton every weekend I haven't got into any fish yet but the tides have not worked in favor either hopefully soon I usually have at least 1 or 2 by this time. To anyone wanting to know what's going on up here in Trenton more and more people are fishing up here I was out Sat and Sun seen a decent amount of boats and people so I'm assuming this fish are here I personally have not go one though. I talked to a few guys most have had the same luck as me and a few are saying they are catching them so their is your Trenton report for now. If anyone has anymore info for up this way or knows where they are biting please let me know Good Luck to All!!!

#248 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey there, Fished in Morrisville last night. Didn't see anyone hook up to anything but some guys showed me a picture taken about 20 min earlier with the guy holding a 30-31 inch fish! **edited**

Unfortunately we didn't hook into anything but we will be out there Friday hopefully!! Haven't caught a striper in my life so hopefully this year will be the one to break that bad streak!!

Good luck!

#251 ·
Also if your up at Morrisville you have to fish the incoming and high tide if your fishing from the bank because the channel is over by the jersey side and it get extremely shallow on PA side at low tide you can almost walk out to the middle of the river. If your up there most of the boats are over towards the jersey side cause of the channel but I've done really well from the bank on PA side fishing the incoming and high tide

#267 ·
Fished from 2pm til 7:15pm and didn't get into any fish. Link up wit banksbully to try out his new older motor which ran well til idk Wht happen but had to get a tow in for 2nd time this season after never having to get a tow before in 6 years.
Managed 1 first year bass and 2 cats. Deff a disappointing trip. Fished with bunker and bloods. Did have 2 decent runs tht I failed to connect on with bunker def big bass runs.
I'm heading out tomm with my regular motor slow and simple.
Sorry I didn't get u on a big fish Ant. We will get out in a few days to try again.

Thought I saw plenty spawning action today which I attribute to the non existent bite today.

#270 ·
Same here I marked more fish then I prob ever have at this one spot i mean they were there thick and there was sum really big big bass showing up on the finder but they jus wouldn't cooperate either it's the spawn or the sun came out to bright and shut it down but I'm thinking it was they were in spawn and for 3 days its gone be tuff to get'em see what happens the rest of the week.

#275 ·
Hit the water around 1pm fished til 1:30pm yeah u read it correct ..... Not having the best season so far hoping it all pays off soon.
Step pop had heart attack out on the boat 1/2 hr in and had to cal ambulance on the water to meet me at the dock got him in the ambulance and put boat back on the rack and headed to hospital

Did have 2 bangers smack 2 rods at once but happen at same time as the attack so not a chance to get'em (salt herring) talked to another boater tht was on way in as I was going out they didn't c a fish all morning.

Won't back out til sat. Breaking out the chubs trout clam bloods bunker bout to put full court press on these bass from here on out!

#282 ·
Hit the water around 1pm fished til 1:30pm yeah u read it correct ..... Not having the best season so far hoping it all pays off soon.
Step pop had heart attack out on the boat 1/2 hr in and had to cal ambulance on the water to meet me at the dock got him in the ambulance and put boat back on the rack and headed to hospital

Did have 2 bangers smack 2 rods at once but happen at same time as the attack so not a chance to get'em (salt herring) talked to another boater tht was on way in as I was going out they didn't c a fish all morning.

Won't back out til sat. Breaking out the chubs trout clam bloods bunker bout to put full court press on these bass from here on out!
Sorry to about hear about your pop, I hope he gets well soon bud!

#278 ·
Tks chuck!

So I have good news and bad news....
Hickory shad and herring have made it up small creeks pretty far up too thts the good news.
Bad news is there is tons of herring never saw so many in this creek and I watch'em every year the reason this is bad is because thts the reason the bite has gone down on top of the spawn bass r now keying in on herring and hickory shad almost exclusively thts jus the way it goes they need to fill up fat reserves to treck back out the river I'd say bloods are a waste of money at this point. Clam chubs salt herring bunker is prob the bait of choice now as well as trout and if u can get it fresh bluefish would work well to.
Won't be out til sat smh so someone catch one for me before then!

#279 ·
Tks chuck!

So I have good news and bad news....
Hickory shad and herring have made it up small creeks pretty far up too thts the good news.
Bad news is there is tons of herring never saw so many in this creek and I watch'em every year the reason this is bad is because thts the reason the bite has gone down on top of the spawn bass r now keying in on herring and hickory shad almost exclusively thts jus the way it goes they need to fill up fat reserves to treck back out the river I'd say bloods are a waste of money at this point. Clam chubs salt herring bunker is prob the bait of choice now as well as trout and if u can get it fresh bluefish would work well to.
Won't be out til sat smh so someone catch one for me before then!
My son and I will be on the water sunday morning, putting at CBB.
Hope all is okay with your Dad -- Muzz

#281 ·
Yeah I have didn't know to much about regs when I first started fishing and i caught and kept 3 hickory shad out the creek not knowing Wht it was mistook it for herring since at the time i never saw one so i had them frozen and chunked them caught couple nice bass on them tht season. I would think any shad (maybe big gizzard even) alewife or things similar would work around a hungry bass.

This was years and years ago and I haven't done it since.

#287 ·
Went out of Ridley this morning and found the river was brutal. Headed out of Darby creek to the river and found 4 boats anchored up around railroad bridge didnt look like anyone wanted to go out any further. Fished with clams. Arts was out of bloods this morning. The cafish were on, landed 3 nice cats with no bass. Marked alot of fish again. Set the alarm to large still had constant marks.

#291 ·
Fished from 10:30am-3pm with gizzard shad salt herring clams and bunker. Finished the day with 7 bass 22"-26" (kept one for dinner) 1 cat. 32' Water. Had a pretty good chum slick going constantly for 4 hours certainly thought I was putting the breaks on a few pigs today. Gizzard shad filets caught one bass. Salt herring one. Clam 2 and 3 on bunker. So all baits produced. (Good sign maybe they are becoming less selective of food). Did have one slammer of a hit a run on bunker head but never hooked up. Sat in same spot the whole time I really wanted tht chum slick to pay off It was a nice steady stream of bunker and 10 drops of bunker oil per minute but couldn't call the cows home today. Well till next time, catch'em up fellas.

Attachments

#293 ·
Was kinda upset once I filet it found out it was a young female an had not spawned out yet didn't think they spawned tht small. Was a surprise. Also her belly was completely dry so I suppose most of the fish are the same way and should start chomping at baits anyday here.

#294 ·
good catch mu hope your pop feels better and by the way just got the motor out the shop and everything is a go now it starts in 1 pull and he said its sounds better than most newer engines also got a new gas tank plastic so i dont have to worry about the rust coming thru the fuel line anymore but all in all hope to link up again and bring some cows out the water next time get at me for another trip

#300 ·
Went out from about 12-5 today with the wife and kids.

First went to north of the CBB to a small little island. Don't want to spot burn so I'll just call it Cheddar. Couple of boat out but nobody seemed to be catching. Fish finder showed nodda but I was able to find 2 little guys over there. Headed south into DE and just picked a random spot down near what I think is the DoD area but I'm not positive. I know we weren't quite as far as Ollman's.

The fish finder was blowing up but it took a little while to get the first bite. Marked maybe 10-15 large fish but they weren't going to say hi. I did hook up something big, like real big, but I lost it before I saw what it was. Needless to say, I was a little pissed. Still got quite a few shorties and a couple of cats.

Bait of choose today was a tie between clams and bloods. I was really surprised that they were biting so well on the frozen clams. Not having ever shucked a clam before I didn't want to learn today so I cheated and went frozen. I have no problem going frozen for the next few trips now. It works.

All in all, not a bad day....just going to have to wait another week to try for a big girl!

#315 ·
Went out from about 12-5 today with the wife and kids.

First went to north of the CBB to a small little island. Don't want to spot burn so I'll just call it Cheddar. Couple of boat out but nobody seemed to be catching. Fish finder showed nodda but I was able to find 2 little guys over there. Headed south into DE and just picked a random spot down near what I think is the DoD area but I'm not positive. I know we weren't quite as far as Ollman's.

The fish finder was blowing up but it took a little while to get the first bite. Marked maybe 10-15 large fish but they weren't going to say hi. I did hook up something big, like real big, but I lost it before I saw what it was. Needless to say, I was a little pissed. Still got quite a few shorties and a couple of cats.

Bait of choose today was a tie between clams and bloods. I was really surprised that they were biting so well on the frozen clams. Not having ever shucked a clam before I didn't want to learn today so I cheated and went frozen. I have no problem going frozen for the next few trips now. It works.

All in all, not a bad day....just going to have to wait another week to try for a big girl!
Well I took a page out of your book, I am going to try some salted frozen clams!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.