Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

196K views 564 replies 45 participants last post by  Paul54 
#1 ·
Here's a glance at our river in 2013. Hope to place a report on Friday but most likely not til Sunday.

#186 ·
Fished cbb today from 11:30am-7:00pm its an area I have never fished before and after first cast lands 22" bass I thought good things were to come then came the catfish I mean cast after cast dragging in 4lbers up to 15lbers everywhere I would go and here and there we would slide a bass in in the range of 15"-27" they only totaled 9 fish tho the catfish totaled well over 30 fish couldn't really keep track step pop said over 40 either way I couldn't shake them north or south of cbb penn or nj side deep or shallow fished in 9'-42' water trying to run from the catfish all day seeing the certain hits cat fish make and jerking the bait away from them even they really to me became a nuisance and at first it was nothing but 8-12 pound big fighting cat fish then after awhile it was just dragging 4-6 pounders in like dead weight had one really impressive 15 pound cat but at the point when I caught it even tht one was just a quick 'ah ok it's a big catty ok c ya later' and back in smh deff not the results I was looking for. Phone died and thts my gps topo map so I couldn't really locate my spots after a certain time tht made it tuff and fishing out in front of raccoon creek was not much fun not much current in tht section can't see how tht would turn out plus 40# I'm searching for I may stick to my spots further north for awhile but I did like the potential the cbb area has. But for now the guys that fish down there y'all got it for now.
Fished with bloods fresh clam fresh bunker all bass were on blood except 27" took bunker and cats on bloods bunker clam
Docks were not in had no trouble gettin in and out at Chester Ridley said not open until 15th idk what thts about and on answering machine at marina it says closed Mondays!?? Idk bout tht either.

I haven't broke out the chubs yet they will be in service soon enough tho! Lol.

#187 ·
Ridley ramp update:
so I stop down at the red the ramp this morning to see what was going on.yes they are always close on Mondays no exceptions, this is something I never realized.they are still open to the public for the rest of the week. The April 15 sign was made for the bridge usually not being open until then. However after the striper tournament they decided to leave it open. So really it is okay to use still unless you're going to go down on Mondays.I am just pulling up to the ramp at the Commodore Barry bridge now and the floating dock still is not in.

#204 ·
Put in at Cbb At 7 fished to 3 Caught 4 stripers 3 rats and one 28". also caught 10 cats most of them on chubs at least it kept them from eating the bloods. Around 11 the wind hit at 25 to 30 mph fish shut down after that. The wind made it hard to fish where we where catching fish still good to get out on the water for the day.

#206 ·
I put in at cbb around 3 I think you were the one kind enough to give me your leftover bloods thanks again. I ran a little north and fished jerzy side for one stop shopping caught around 20 stripers sure needed thoes extra worms most were rats and shorts with 3 bigger fish to 41". My fish were caught dual anchored while the tide was still running hard with the wind still present as it died out later on. Nice to get rid of the skunk on the fifth trip out. And only one nice cat around 10#.

#213 ·
Here are some pics i was lacking a cameraman on this trip. I got real excited and took pics of everything when i first stared to catch even tried to shoot a self video of the first bigger fish which didn't turn out also sent a bunch of texts. So by the time i got the second and third decent fish my phone was dead so all i got is a pic of the first good one.shake.gif

Attachments

#221 ·
Thanks Chuck, I have a great Mechanic, the issue may be obsolete parts! I may have to have something fabricated! We
will see! The motor is older and the control shifter issue may be housing related! We will see! Thank you for your offer! I will definitely keep your offer in mind! Tight lines my friend!
Gravy

#230 ·
Fished 1pm-6:30pm 7 bass none bigger than 15" and no cats :) one bass on clam the rest on bloods in 26-32' water 53 degrees.

Report not of my own: few miles south of cbb 2 fish caught by one angler one was about 35 lbs and second was 20 lbs on bloods from bank NJ side. Around noon time.
: A couple 40" fish were caught today from the banks earlier this morning by station all on bloods

Both reports verified with pics.

Back out tomm.

Noticed Frankford arsenal was open looking threw the binocs prob head out of there tomm.

#231 ·
Fished from 10am - 7pm got on an ole spot for first time this year and it produced well numbers wise just none big got total around 15 bass 2 cats wasn't til slack at the high and lots of chum around the boat finally managed a fat 33" bass (male) was gone stay but forgot my lights big bass caught on clam in 32' water all other bass caught in 26'-34' couple on clam most on bloods. Had 3 different runs on the bunker but never hooked up. Back out tomm to another section of river.

Attachments

#237 ·
I do it sometimes when I'm using bloods because I feel it stirs the fish senses and gets them moving around in search of tht meal they smell and when they don't find it and then they come across a quick snack like a blood they should have no problem taking it. I've had in the past on few occasions, ive had small bass and perch right up to the prop snaching the tiny pieces, when I had a perfect chum line out back of the boat. But the best time to chum is right before a slack tide and then durning the slack the chum just sits right around the boat ill literally have baits right under the boat and more times then I can remember I catch durning tht time as was the case with the bigger one yesterday.

#242 ·
I fish up in Morrisville every year right across from Trenton by the train bridge I went out Sunday morning around 7 and fished the outgoing tide. I did not hook into anything and didn't see anyone catch anything either but there were a lot of people fishing the area and a decent amount of boats. I talked to a couple people only one guy said he caught some up this way but I'm sure they are here like I said I fish here every year and I've always caught them by now. I'm going out again this weekend if I get into anything I will let you know. Can you not fish the BBB anymore?

#239 ·
Nice post about the chum mu fish. I am heading out all day Thursday and I will have a partner with me so I can get a good picture this time. You seem to be the pro and I was wondering about something. I have been setting up over small flats and sholls fishing the down side of them. Seems to work ok, but I noticed last year and this you get good catches on the 25 / 30 ft of water. Are you fishing these depths right of off flats or just these depths in general. My cow on Saturday was by buoy 6 on the flat, but the big cow hit when I casted out closer to the buoy so the water was deeper. I got nothing right below the boat which was around 13 feet. Well hope to hear from you all Thursday, channel 17!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.