Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

196K views 564 replies 45 participants last post by  Paul54 
#1 ·
Here's a glance at our river in 2013. Hope to place a report on Friday but most likely not til Sunday.

#147 ·
At one of my catering venues an if this ain't about the worst kind of torture for me I don't know Wht is....right out the back door of the kitchen I got the river. It's bad enough I can see the river from My downtown venue on the 12th floor but this is just plain ole torture.

Bout to have a rod dropped off and tie it off and just check on it every half hour got me jones'en now!

Attachments

#148 ·
High tide near Marcus Hook is 9:47AM on Saturday. It seems the sun today is waking the fish up a bit. We were skunked trying to fish the high tide last night - got too cold and cloudy. If you have a smart phone - get the Nautical chart app and look for the flats below CBB. We have fished all the way down to the Cherry Flats. Heard some shorts were hitting today.

#149 ·
check this out all, http://www.ridleytwp.org/Ridley_Marina.php I used this last year, $10 bucks during the week and $15 on Sat. and Sun, but it is a safe clean ramp to launch down by the cb bridge. I just got off of the phone with them and they are ready to go. Their gate open at 6 am. I will see you all on the Big D tomorrow calling out all of my bites on channel 17. Lets Get Them Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#153 ·
Fished ups from 6am til 9:45 with bloods and clam and didn't have a bump. Then towards the end I had a couple complete losers come and stand right next to me and start fishing. Since I knew I was leaving I didn't let it bother me but if I was staying they woulda had a world of trouble I almost left them a nice surprise when they got back to they car but I gave tem a pass but next time I won't b so nice and tires woulda been done. Well ill be on the boat sun-mon so results should be better.

Just look at these losers...not even 10 yards away

Attachments

#170 ·
Was a little concerned about the winds today but headed out anyway. Finally got my first striper!!! At 22 inches I know I'm not playing with the big boys yet, but I'm hoping my time will come. 3 more were caught during the day and quite a few cats. All in all, we had a great time.

Fish were all caught between 9-18 feet of water on bloods.
We stayed north of CBB just to be on the safe side in case the water got rough.

#173 ·
I should be out again Friday. Will be on channel 17 again north of the cbb unless any reports show up further north. It is a hike for me to launch so far south. If anyone starts to hit them around ranconas please post it. Good luck all and thanks again gravy job for starting the channel 17 with me. I enjoy keeping in touch when on the water and helping all of us get into the fish. Chuckles.

#174 ·
We Fished from 11:30am til 7pm winds were brutal but we still managed 13 bass and 7 cats bass never got bigger than 18" and perch were out in force so I stopped using bloods and only used fresh bunker and fresh clam fished deep water (26'-37') looking for the bigger fish but they weren't to be had. I'm done taking pics of rats so the only pic I took was of pop wit his 18" fish. If winds are better tomm I should have a better day. Heading south tomm.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.