Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

196K views 564 replies 45 participants last post by  Paul54 
#1 ·
Here's a glance at our river in 2013. Hope to place a report on Friday but most likely not til Sunday.

#4 ·
First post so be gentle.

Just thought I'd add to everybody's itch a little bit. I stopped down by the CB Bridge this morning in between dropping the kids off at school and going to work. Only had an hr to get my line wet but had a couple of nice hits....just couldn't get the hook set. Probably just a couple of catfish but it was so nice to watch the rod bounce for the first time this year. Going to try again tomorrow for another hr with a different strategy and will post back.

#5 ·
same report as yesterday. only got to go out for about 45 minutes this morning before work. got a few nibbles but nothing took the hook. I've never used rubber bloodworms before so maybe I am doing something wrong. whatever fish they were (and I'm thinking catfish) would grab it and go nuts for a few seconds but never take the hook. I'm thinking of either cutting the worms in half we're going back to my old reliable fresh shrimp later on this week depending on the weather.

P.S. I did this update on my phone so sorry about the punctuation.

#9 ·
Yeah perch will do that to you....makes it exciting at least.

Will be heading to the delaware round the trenton makes bridge or below in morrisville on sat/sun, whenever the wife has school work to do. Hopefully coincides with the tide. But either way it will be nice to get out.
Yes it does! Good luck this weekend! I had a trip planned for Sunday but it look like the 2 other guys might not be allowed to come out to play.

#12 ·
its getting warmer outside but the rain and the wind isnt the best looking foward to march 1 to try my luck but im pretty sure they have not made it to far yet like behind the airport so might have to travel a little to get better results:GrayWingSmiley::GrayWingSmiley::GrayWingSmiley::GrayWingSmiley::GrayWingSmiley:

#21 ·
If anybody is heading out this weekend out of Ridley, keep in mind the bridge you go under to head out to the river is being worked on. When the tide is up you need to be in a smaller boat to get under it.

This info was given to me when I called down there, I haven't seen it with my own eyes yet.

#22 ·
Hit the water by 8 and the sun laughed as it walked behind the clouds, never to be seen or heard from again. The wind picked up and would not stop for 2 straight hrs....without a nibble.

Put the boat back on the trailer and headed down to the CBB to try from the pier and still not even a nibble.

Long day but we were determined to try. :sleepy1:

#30 ·
went out todY BUT WATER STILL COLD EVEN FOR THE CATFISH NOT 1 BITE HIT 2 SPOTS UP THE CBB AND UPS THERE WAS PEOPLE OUT BUT I DIDNT SEE ANYONE PULL NOTHING OUT I THINK ITS GONNA BE A APRIL BLITZ I JUST CANT HELP IT I KNOW THE WATER IS TOO COLD BUT I LOVE THE OUTDOORS SO IT IS WHAT IT IS JUST GOT MY BAITRUNNERS ALL LACED UP WITH POWER PRO SHIMANO AND DAWIA REELS I LOVE THEM BUT I NEED TO HEAR SOMETHING HIT HEM HARD CAUSE I MISS THE SOUND OF HEARING THEM RUN UNTIL I HIT THEM WITH THE WHIP LASH LETS GO !!!!!!!!! SO I GUESS IM GONNA GO DO SOME LARGE MOUTH BASS FISHING THEY SHOULD BE SPAWNING SO I CAN DO SOME SITE FISHING I WILL BE Happy if i get a nice 7lber got a 6 last year:flyfish: :GrayWingSmiley:

#31 ·
First spring striper trip in the books. Fished from 12-6pm last of incoming and some of outgoing. Water was 40 which is still a tad cold water was cloudy and a lot of debris fished in 12' up to 35' of water. Got one 14" catfish on bloodworm within first half hour (incoming) 17' water then did a lot of moving around to check on my spots 2 spots I marked Wht appeared to be small bass but they were not biting. The catfish was ice cold but hit hard and faught strong for first few seconds then tired out quickly (water needs a few degree boast). Did see a bald eagle and 2 big beavers in a back creek off the river they prob were 50 pound animals really big ones. I did try a drift for a Lil while and kept getting worms nipped at but never takin the hook Prob Perch. Saw one other boater land a catfish also. I didn't stay in anyone location more then 45 minutes. All in all good first trip tomm should be better ill be back out all day again.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.