Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

196K views 564 replies 45 participants last post by  Paul54 
#1 ·
Here's a glance at our river in 2013. Hope to place a report on Friday but most likely not til Sunday.

#67 ·
I went under that bridge in Ridley a few weeks ago. Low tide isn't a big deal at all but at high tide it's a no go if you have t-tops or anything mounted for shade over your head. Looking at the water line on the pillars, I'd guess you'd only have about 4ft of clearance going under.

The Chester ramp could be a real pain at low tide. There are some nasty rocks right there that are just waiting to tear up the bottom of somebody's boat right to the sides of the ramp itself. You can see em clear as day at dead low. I worry about the guy who's never been there when the water goes up a foot and they just barely get covered.

I might had down there in about an hr. if I can figure out how to upload a pic from my phone, and the tide is low enough, I'll snap a pic.

If anybody is interested, I don't live too far from there, send me a PM and I'll give you my cell # in case you ever run into problems out on the water and need a hand....or a tow line.

#73 ·
give it a try for about an hour today in absolutely nothing. The tide was too high to see any of the rocks so I didn't take any pictures. The wind was blowing pretty good and a couple guys were trying to get the boat out of the water for quite some time.I highly doubt that they will be in the water this weekend but stranger things have happened.crossing over the bridge I saw small boat in the water, hopefully will have a better report than I didall I got was blue fingers today

#80 ·
Found a nice spot by the airport. Couple other groups of guys down there, nobody saw a fish all day. Tide was going out and it was going pretty quick. Talked to a couple of guys much braver than myself who where taking a little Colman boat over to little tinicum island to go camping for a couple of days. Seemed like nice people but I'm pretty sure I'll be sleeping much better than them in my nice warm bed tonight!

Heading back over there tomorrow and will report back.

#83 ·
I'm faced with one of tuffest decisions there is for me.....sent one of my boys a text at 2am tht we should run to the beach today instead of the river. Surf is my first love but spring on the Big D is strong second if not tied for first. I really didn't think he was gone wana run down for a few hours but woke up to a "I'm game" text. Wanted to fish the cbb area for first time today then yesterday I was thinking my home waters was prob a better shot these water temps are colder today then they were last week then the surf enter my head and now I'm all screwed up. We shall c where da Mufish ends up today.........

TO THE SURF IT IS...sorry Big D but ya temps are jus way to low today.. maybe ill go out on the river tomm in the snow (frincken snow late march smh) next weekend looks promising for the river tho and I have 4 days off ill try get a report in tomm at worst on Fri/sat/sun/mon this coming week.....catch'em up guys!

#90 ·
This is the Marcus Hook Buoy information.

March 28, 2013 8:12 pm EDT

Atmospheric Pressure: 30.11 in (1019.7 mb)

Air Temperature: 47.3°F (8.5°C)

Water Temperature: 47.3°F (8.5°C)

Gravy!
Have u got tht area locked down yet gravy? Last year hooked u in I'm ready to come hit tht area ill b looking for pointers soon look out for my email soon.

#96 ·
Windy and cold again today. Our temp gauge only hit 42 degrees - I don't know how the Marcus Hook Buoy is reading 48. Bunch of guys were running around looking for spots for tomorrow's tournament. Hopefully they will go in early since the tourney ends at 3pm. Still can't find a striper, only cats. The Brinkmann's reports are suspicious. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

#99 ·
Windy and cold again today. Our temp gauge only hit 42 degrees - I don't know how the Marcus Hook Buoy is reading 48. Bunch of guys were running around looking for spots for tomorrow's tournament. Hopefully they will go in early since the tourney ends at 3pm. Still can't find a striper, only cats. The Brinkmann's reports are suspicious. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Hey teach was that 42 air or water temp. I see GSGA reports 47 Water temp at Trenton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.