Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

196K views 564 replies 45 participants last post by  Paul54 
#1 ·
Here's a glance at our river in 2013. Hope to place a report on Friday but most likely not til Sunday.

#41 ·
hit the banks on the way home from a friends house.

Fished outgoing tide...from 1-6pm- shallow water was 45 degrees.

I did hook 1 fish, but lost him at the banks. Felt too heavy to be a resident striper, id guess channel cat but the thing stayed deep the whole fight so I didnt get a look. Had him hooked for a while then spit the hook.

Nice day out. Hope the rangers stay around... they didnt show up til the end of the season last year. We need them early to stop the invasion.

REPORT SUSPICIOUSE ACITIVITY, POACHING, FISHING WITHOUT LICENSE> this is the only situation I advocate ratting but we need to stop these lowlifes that fish the Del. Im gonna be in WAR MODE this spring.

#42 ·
hit the banks on the way home from a friends house.

Fished outgoing tide...from 1-6pm- shallow water was 45 degrees.

I did hook 1 fish, but lost him at the banks. Felt too heavy to be a resident striper, id guess channel cat but the thing stayed deep the whole fight so I didnt get a look. Had him hooked for a while then spit the hook.

Nice day out. Hope the rangers stay around... they didnt show up til the end of the season last year. We need them early to stop the invasion.

REPORT SUSPICIOUSE ACITIVITY, POACHING, FISHING WITHOUT LICENSE> this is the only situation I advocate ratting but we need to stop these lowlifes that fish the Del. Im gonna be in WAR MODE this spring.
I haven't able to hop back online for the last couple hrs but my last post was bugging me after I thought about it a while. when I said that the officers were out in force, I totally meant that in a good way! I recently was checked by 2 separate guys who were both really nice and very friendly. I struckup a conversation with both and have greater respect for what they go through.

Just wanted to clear that up in case it came across wrong

#45 ·
Fished 10am-4:30pm moved around a lot today but found a few bass at the third stop and got 3 bass within a hour span 13"-20" on bloods and the biggest on old frozen clam. Fished water 7'-30' deep bass were hung off the bottom in 17' caught on top end of a high low rig on bloods and clam was on fish finder. Hits were bearly noticeable even the bigger one was tapping lightly before the hookup. Great 2 days of fishing can't wait til my next free day.

Attachments

#50 ·
@mufish

Are you fishing south of trenton? I've been trying to convince my buddy to start striper fishing but he keeps telling me they are too far down in the bay.

Just at least give me some excuse to make him start fishing for em!! (normally I'm fishing around the morrisville area)

Thanks!:icon_thumright:

#52 ·
@mufish

Are you fishing south of trenton? I've been trying to convince my buddy to start striper fishing but he keeps telling me they are too far down in the bay.

Just at least give me some excuse to make him start fishing for em!! (normally I'm fishing around the morrisville area)

Thanks!:icon_thumright:
Yes south of Trenton - philadelphia area

#54 · (Edited)
Heading out should be on the water by noon to fish til sundown....ill do an on the water report a Lil later...

To cold to do on the water report but anyway here goes..

Did some brief scouting with the electronics and surprisingly enough I began marking fish not long after leaving the ramp and marked fish at several locations and marked them on the GPS to come back to later after I checked in on my regular 6 spots.
Made my first cast into 7ft deep 42 degree water with a slight bit of floating debris. It only took 12 minutes to landed the first catty (again this fish was ice cold) (bloodworm) then nada so we moved so we moved a bit fishing my normal early season spots not landing a fish but worms were alwas pecked at so lightly couldn't tell till reel in and saw the evidence. So after the normal circuit of spots I went back to the places I marked fish earlier and they were still in the general locations they were earlier. Again worms were pecked apart and salt herring was picked up and drop several times. Finally at one location I landed another catty in 27' of water tht was 43 degrees on bloodworm. Long cold day fished til 5pm and no stripers caught! Smh still no skunk I guess but catfish are my fresh water skates when striper fishing lol all in all things are starting to shape up mark g way more fish then the pervious trips just couldn't get them active and I jiged them drifted for them and even had a good chum slick going just couldn't get'em on the hook. I guess my predictions for a late run is holding true still surprised I couldn't raise a bass this day. Might try tomm in the rain and snow ill let y'all know.

Attachments

#60 ·
Not even going to bother fishing for them this weekend. Too cold and the water will only be in the low forties for temp. I think its not going to be until the first weekend in April when things start to pick up. Until then I'll just have to work on building my new rods for the summer.

Can't wait till they start moving though!:smiley17e:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.