Stripers in Plymouth, Ma or near areas - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 07-01-2008, 01:28 PM

Default Stripers in Plymouth, Ma or near areas

Where are the best places to fish from shore for blues or stripers around Plymouth? I am brand new to Striper fishing/Blue fishing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Stripers in Plymouth, Ma or near areas

Welcome aboard Highstick,
That is a question that will likely go unanswered in an open, public forum such as this, and rightly so. If a person were to post the specifics of the the "best" places to fish in a certain area, here where thousands of people can read it every day, those "best" places would soon become the "way too crowded to fish" places. Read the top threads in the Striper Room, the Surfcasters Forum, and others,,,, ask plenty of questions,,, and you'll find plenty of information to add to your arsenal as you go out and find your "best place" for yourself. Good luck out there!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
First Mate

what's up high stick? I've been fishing in Plymouth for about 5 years and baitrunner is right but that being said I'll tell you this: Plymouth/duxbury/kingston bays are best during the spring and fall runs.... I and everyone I know has very little luck in this bay during the dog days of summer. night is hit or miss..........more miss than hit imho. I know many guys out of plymouth that don't even bother and head out into the cc bay or points north or south... blues which i usually don't see until mid to late august seem to hang out for many days in the same spot...but you can see the birds working the bait as a give away usually.. i've seen them as close as several feet from the beach.

If you're fishing these waters excercise plenty of patience and expect many skunkings. but you will catch some good sized fish from time to time. My friend steve (chembio) on this site can attest.

lastly there is a 90% replacement rate of water between low and high tides in these bays and some tides seem to hold fish and some don't

good luck and maybe I will see you out there...
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 05:05 AM

If your looking for action on blues. Look for the birds diving. Buy some inexpensive tin lures like Kastmasters and cover as much water as possible. You'll have a blast with bluefish during the day if they are present in any numbers. Its also a great way to get the kids into casting and catching fish without using bait. Ask the tackle shop for some steel leaders for the castmasters and bluefish. (Sharp teeth) have fun. Larger Stripers dont tolerate the higher water temperatures well . They tend to move deeper and present themselves usually in the cooler oxygenated moving water.
Targeting summertime blues is a start and can provide some action and fun.
Good luck and enjoy the outings. Welcome to the site.