Boat Fish Count - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Boat Fish Count

A lot of my Friends are Surf Casters here on Long Island and they always say to me BOAT FISH DON'T COUNT!!! What do you guys say do BOAT FISH DO COUNT???

Boat Fish COUNT !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Admin

Default Re: Boat Fish Count

I agree Paul. Boat fish count.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Yes sir they sure do!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:59 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Yes they do.. and here's the rub.. I've been trying to explain this to people for over 40 years.... a boat is a tool... just like a rod is a tool... Fly rodders want to look down their noses at a man weilding a 12' G Loomis with the proportions of a telephone pole.... the same way pluggers look down their nose at a bait fisherman.... in most instances, boats and surf caster ( along with kayakers and skishers) all ply the same water... most of my big bass ( every one of my 15 fish over 50lbs have come in less than 6' of water)come from water less than 3' deep... where i fish ( Plum Island ma) if you dont have a boat, you spend a good deal of the summer "wish'n" not fishing.. or driving to a long destination... most of the fedral reservtion that makes up PI is closed to those cute little plovers....so, unless you want to stand elbow to elbow on the jetty you need a boat.. which brings me to my next statement.. all those surf caster would sure be some P.O'd if everyone sold thier boats and joined them on the beach....as i said in the opening. a boat is just a tool.. and those that dont use or aknowledge them are doing themselves a diservice.. just like the plug, fly or bait only purists.... a truely GOOD fisherman uses everything to thier advantage.. and for some of us.. that means a floating platform propelled by a motor...Nice fish Capt....keep up the good work.

tight lines all

Roc
Old 05-20-2011, 05:17 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Particularly in certain areas of the coast where shore access is not available to fishermen. Boat fish count. Not everyone has the access that I and others enjoy along the CCNS and in RI. Try surf fishing in CT, Or Roc's back yard PI it drives me ape every time I look at aerial images of structure laden coastline that you can not access in and around the Res that shore bound fishermen have zero access to. That is why it is so important to maintain what we have for access currently. I prefer land based endeavors but it does shut me out of some really outstanding fishing opportunities.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Striper Hunter

Hey Chris NICE TUNA !!!

Basically I will give you the Best Reason why Boat Fish Count. If you don't have a Boat you can't do this
Old 05-23-2011, 04:23 PM
My Fishing Cape Cod

They all count in my book.

Great pictures, especially the one with the Sturgeon. What techniques do you use to target Sturgeon?

I've always been fascinated by the fish.

Thanks,

Ryan