Lamiglas Ron Arra Surf Pro - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 01-28-2006, 06:45 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

Default Lamiglas Ron Arra Surf Pro

I'm thinking of buying one of these rods, its rated for weight up to 2 1/2 oz
I wanted to know if any one out there has one and if you could throw heavier stuff with it. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 12:23 AM

A buddy of mine has 2 and is planning on buying another so I guess he likes em. I'll be seeing him tomorrow and will ask about overloading.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:16 AM

I have the 1205 which is rated for 1-5. It seems that over loading mine cuts down on distance. I know it should. The middle of the rating is where you want to be. You know those big eels you see in the tackle shop, the ones sooo big you might throw them with your hand so you don't break the rod? I can and do cast them. Not real far but out there anyway. You'll love the feel of the Arra, just not the price!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 05:54 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

Well I have just won a brand new one on ebay for cheap so I guess I find out soon enough. I mostly use stuff in the 1-2 oz range for plugs. but I have a few that are a bit larger, I think I'll start working on an air gun for those.
thanks for the replies
Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 PM

Hey how is that rod working out for you? I am thinking of buying ten foot surf king, not what you have, but the same company.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:35 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

I love it. I found the sweet spot to be from 1.5-2 oz. but I have thrown small storm jerkin minnows with it as well ( not that far mind you). Its light as hell and has that life time warranty. I'm waiting to test it out on a 50lb er.