Lake Buchanan Stripers - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Texas Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 02-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Official Member

Default Lake Buchanan Stripers

I have heard that the catching Stripers at Buchanan is awesome. My friend and I have a few days off next week and are thinking of trying our luck. First question is if it is a good time to try Buchanan? I have 19ft Kenner and it is only the two of us fishing. Looking for someone who is familar with Buchanan and would like to show us how to catch stripers and get out and fish and have a few beers and be with a couple good old boys from San Antonio. Just Checking!! Any advise would also be appreciated....THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Lake Buchanan Stripers

I do still guide here the striper bite is slow it is only going to get better and the best time is the middle of april for the big females full of eggs also the shad run the banks and you can catch the stripers in 3ft to 12ft of water free lining live shad but if you come in the next couple of weeks, Here is a tip I am catching them in 32ft to 45ft drifting over humps and trees also jig with white jigs off of the bottom
Good luck!

Ray Williamson

www.raysstriperguideservice.com