Rod Blank Color - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Rods And Custom Rod Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rods And Custom Rod Building Discuss on fishing rods & on custom rod building here. Saltwater and freshwater Rods

Old 05-31-2008, 09:24 PM

Default Rod Blank Color

OK ... I have never ventured into rod building ... but will be pursuing a custom rod next year.

I am looking for a rod to go with a 704 Greenie ... I would like to have a white blank, teal wraps, perhaps a touch of silver thread. I realize that wraps, guides etc. are highly selectable, but is there a quality blank available in white, or is there a white color that can be applied to a black/grey blank.

Thanks ... Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Rod Blank Color

The only high quality blanks in white that come to mind are lamiglas. What are your plans for the rod?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:09 AM

I fish from the shore, no boat, no friends, therefore no friends with boats .

I mainly stick to areas around the bay and the south shore. I am thinking of a 10 foot stick for tossing plugs and tins along the south shore, mated up with a Penn 704.

I have been mining the information on the site, and the Lamiglass Surf blanks seem to be very popular, also saw a lot of interest in the AFAW Estuary ... hmmm

I have always owned inexpensive rods ... they do the job ... but it's time for a step up.

The thought for the white blank was purely remembering the rods that were prevalent when I started fishing .... often matched with a greenine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I am thinking of a 10 foot stick for tossing plugs and tins along the south shore, mated up with a Penn 704.
You really dont want white. Do you? Dead stickers use white so they might see the rods better in the dark. If your pluggin with a 704 at 21 ounces. The 10 foot - 1 to 4 ounce Lami blanks -are perfect.
or the AFAW 11' Estuary
You cant go wrong with either of those two.

The supersurfs are dark green. The estuaries are black beauties. The lamis are brown.
Batsons Rain shadows are sweet and less money.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the input ..... I truly have no preference for color, just had no idea if the color was determined in the construction of the blank (as I now know) or the construction of the rod. In my selection, I will be targeting only performance for purpose.