2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here) - Page 13 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Official Member

Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Hey guys, my name is Mike and I am new to striper fishing. I have been large mouth fishing for a while and want to spend my time trying to land larger fish this year. I live in NJ near Philadelphia and I'm looking for places and advice to fish striper from shore. Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
Hey guys, my name is Mike and I am new to striper fishing. I have been large mouth fishing for a while and want to spend my time trying to land larger fish this year. I live in NJ near Philadelphia and I'm looking for places and advice to fish striper from shore. Any help is appreciated!
Read up bro this whole thread right here should give u some good info welcome to the site.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Official Member

Mu Fish... i admire your dedication and the time you have spent learning the fishiery. I am new to striper fishing and would love to hook up with you sometime. I have alot to bring to the table. I have been a dedicated fisherman my whole life and have spent the last 20 years fishing the delaware for LM. I have a great boat but lack the experence you could bring to the table. The season is so short it creates a difficult learning curve. I have been reading all the posts for the last month and droped my boat at Linden on friday. I fished my ass off all day and caught nothing. I did donate 20 dollars worth of blood worms to the perch and went through 2 pints of (not fresh clams) for no fish. I fished the rancocas creek mouth and down around the Talcony bridge with nothing to show for it. I don't know if you would consider showing a newbe the ropes but if you would I would be happy to take you out with me. My boat is fast and I could take you to areas you probibly would like to check out. I'm not looking to know any of your secret holes or anything like that. I'm looking for someone to teach me what to look for anywhere on the river. I was a tournament bass fisherman for 23 years and have fished all over the country in bass tournaments and am looking for someone to help me understand what to look for and how these fish relate to structure and current. Once I understand what these fish do and how they relate I may be able to find more places to catch them and would be happy to share what i find with everyone on this board. One thing I did notice was that every flat or area that I fished on Saturday had fish stacked up in 17 to 35 feet of water off the break into the channel. I tried to catch these fish but never got a bump. If you would like to give me a lesson I would be happy to pay all expenses (bait, gas, and so forth.) You can email me personaly at [email protected] and maybe we can set something up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
First Mate

Mu Fish, i would love to hook up also. I have always been a salt water striper guy fishing from the shore. Since I bought a boat last summer I love the Big D and being out in the boat, plus it is close to home. Anyway, I have been out 3 times now with my buddy throwing clams, bloods and bunker. NOTHING. I need help any an help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, 1129chuck.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 AM
Striper Hunter

any updates on the stripers activity between tacony palmyra bridge and bordentown?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Striper Hunter

We had a much better weekend, we wanted to try a deepr pattern. so we headed south both days. caught a bunch of slot fish yesterday. 20 - 25 feet of water just south of the talcony on the jersey side. came back to the rancocus in the afternoon just to finish off our bait and picked up a few smaller fish.

Does anyone else carry a 2-way radio? i ussally monitor channel 16 but this weekend i was looking for some of our posters on channel 9. If enough of us communicate on the radios we could pass real time info. In a earlier thread someone recommended we pick a channel, well im all for it. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRbassin View Post
We had a much better weekend, we wanted to try a deepr pattern. so we headed south both days. caught a bunch of slot fish yesterday. 20 - 25 feet of water just south of the talcony on the jersey side. came back to the rancocus in the afternoon just to finish off our bait and picked up a few smaller fish.

Does anyone else carry a 2-way radio? i ussally monitor channel 16 but this weekend i was looking for some of our posters on channel 9. If enough of us communicate on the radios we could pass real time info. In a earlier thread someone recommended we pick a channel, well im all for it. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Will definitely pick up a 2 way radio.
Went out yesterday just a few mins south of commodore bridge, got nothing. Lots of cat fish. Didn't know I was fishing on DE water, DE police was searching everyone's boat and gave us a warning for not having DE fishing license. Thanks to a NYPD on board, if not we might got slap with a few hundreds.
Now I'm going to head north of the DE river to join more of you guys and not worry about those DE police lol.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Striper Hunter

hello all, i will be leaving key west today to join you all. Any reports in lambertville area?
Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Sunday got out around 9am slow first couple hours till the tide started ebbing didn't manage quite the numbers I was expecting with the overcast but also it was incoming and tho I've caught fish on this tide this is not the most productive tide fo my prime locations ebbing tide is the best. So I moved around alot in the am no fish in 20 minutes pull up so by noon we only managed 5 bass only one getting over 30". With one slot sized bass. Once tue tide turned I jumped on my favorite spot and bam bam bam went 3 for 5 on bass landing 30"-37" In 2 hours, one broke me off in the tree and another lost at the boat.
Attention: If Anyone ever catches a bass with a bogo grip hanging from her mouth please notify me it had sentimental value I'll pay big to have it back. She was prob around 45-50 pounder it deff was bigger than one i got last week thought she was done and beet but she caught me off guard and the strap wasn't around my wrist. Tht won't come off her either so if u catch her or hear of her catch let me know please.
Today I heading out a Lil later I want to fish a different cycle and pattern but should be on the water by 1pm fishing til dark. Drifting eels at dusk til 9pm.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
Sen me a private message
Old 04-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
any updates on the stripers activity between tacony palmyra bridge and bordentown?
Fishing has gotten a Lil slower lately but tht always happens it's goes hot then a lull bass wot feed for 3-4 days while in spawn and tht always happens every year right after te river fills up and trust me it is filled up right now and plus they come in waves upon waves and they do not form bigg schools it's becomes more of a couple fish swiming together rather than the schools we r use to in bay or ocean during this lull there will be different 3-4 days periods all month it's more about locating bass tht have yet to spawn or have spawned out already.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
First Mate

Hey guys, I love the idea of a dedicated channel on the 2 ways. I had metioned that a week or so ago so we could update while we are on the water. I will just leave mine on scan, but channel 9 sounds good to me. I may be out Wednesday so I'll call out or tell me when you are going out Wednesday.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:37 PM
jetinray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler20 View Post
Will definitely pick up a 2 way radio.
Went out yesterday just a few mins south of commodore bridge, got nothing. Lots of cat fish. Didn't know I was fishing on DE water, DE police was searching everyone's boat and gave us a warning for not having DE fishing license. Thanks to a NYPD on board, if not we might got slap with a few hundreds.
Now I'm going to head north of the DE river to join more of you guys and not worry about those DE police lol.
Whaler if you have a GPS you can Google earth the border line for the coordinates. But just for reference the line is about 100 yards up from the asphalt plant. Or for I believe it's 40 bucks you can buy a DE fishing licence that will cover everone on your boat.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

What a day fished one of my spots much further south haven't fished this spot all season yet and boy it paid off in a big way never even had to pull anchor in 6 hrs of fishing. Forgot my eels at home was pissed the bait made up for it. I mean we threw everything and everything worked. Frozen clam, fresh bunker, salt herring, fresh clam, mackerel, chubs. Bunker was the best on size salt erring and clam accounted for most of the slots chubs and Mac caught several different sizes. Fished from 2:30-8:00pm by 4pm I was beginin to keep count on bait lol we had 4 fish over 35" and 5 slot fish by 4pm finished the night with 13 slot fish and 6 fish over 34" up to 44" pop actually had the biggest bass today (first time I been beet on size in my boat I think this year) on salt herring. Ran outa bait and had to take it in.
Kinda felt bad there was a boat needing a tow behid me never noticed cause I was to busy most of the time but the tow boat came and got him I woulda stopped and tried to assist but I really didn't notice musta sucked he's 80yards away watching us pull fish after fish in all the while needing assistance so if ur out there my apologies I really didn't notice til it was to late.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Striper Hunter

can we use herring or are they closed this season. Also hax any one had any success with pan fish or perch. channel 9 sounds good should we have a call like 'striper247'