2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here) - Page 11 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Canoe? Nah I would never put canoe on river ------12' aluminum with 2hp outboard and Sunday is not the nastiest weather I been out there in either tht was nothing sunday the wind didn't really pick up til tide turned and then it was wind with tide and wind across tide. It gets really ruff when the wind blows against tide. I've spent the last 5 years on the river in this set up and tho it has been very dangerous at times I've learned to handle whatever the river has thrown at me. Some days r not for the inexperienced Thts for sure.
Oh ok, I was gonna say- Sheesh if you were out there in a canoe, LOL! I actually just sold my 12' Modified V and bought a kayak. It is 12' also, but I feel way more comfortable on it than in that 12' mod v. I have been in some rough water with my kayaks before....actually kind of enjoyed it, lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Striper Hunter

I was out yesterday in the wind my buddy and I caught a half dozen 20 inch + cat fish and only 1 18" striper all on clams and bloods. We were down below oldmans creek below the Commador Barry Bridge in about 20' of water. The wind was insane.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinfinity View Post
I was out yesterday in the wind my buddy and I caught a half dozen 20 inch + cat fish and only 1 18" striper all on clams and bloods. We were down below oldmans creek below the Commador Barry Bridge in about 20' of water. The wind was insane.
I have some time friday afternoon and Sunday. I hoe the wind dies down by then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Striper Hunter

I never made it out on Monday due to the wind, we are planning a Saturday trip and hoping the wind settles. May be time to leave the crowd at the rancocus and head south, maybe the flats near the talcony.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Striper Hunter

At trenton last night had 4 bites about 6 pm to 8:30 2 nice ones that took off with alot of line fast and dropped the bait. Had one other bite and cought this Stergeon. How i have no idea, bait wouldnt fit in his mouth About 25-27 inches ...

Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger1v View Post
At trenton last night had 4 bites about 6 pm to 8:30 2 nice ones that took off with alot of line fast and dropped the bait. Had one other bite and cought this Stergeon. How i have no idea, bait wouldnt fit in his mouth About 25-27 inches ...

Nice catch bro. I always knida keep it in back of my head tht they r in the river and hope one day to catch on myself. Living fossil right there. How was the fight? And wht did u take it on?
April is the spawn month for them also always a chance of hooking up with a 7 footer! Tht fish there will still need another 7 years or so before its mature. Looks like a short nose and not Atlantic but deff it is a good sign anytime these catches r reported it shows the river is cleanin up.
Could u imagine hooking up with tht ones parents? Won't stand a chance at seeing it by tue boat but sure would be cool to either get spooled or play tug a war with a beast like tht!
Also I hope u don't mind but I sent in ur report and pic to NOAA and the PFBC.
Good catch bro.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Nice catch bro. I always knida keep it in back of my head tht they r in the river and hope one day to catch on myself. Living fossil right there. How was the fight? And wht did u take it on?
April is the spawn month for them also always a chance of hooking up with a 7 footer! Tht fish there will still need another 7 years or so before its mature. Looks like a short nose and not Atlantic but deff it is a good sign anytime these catches r reported it shows the river is cleanin up.
Could u imagine hooking up with tht ones parents? Won't stand a chance at seeing it by tue boat but sure would be cool to either get spooled or play tug a war with a beast like tht!
Also I hope u don't mind but I sent in ur report and pic to NOAA and the PFBC.
Good catch bro.
I was fishing with a chunk of Yellow perch. And no problem, send any info wherever you like. I thought it was a short nose also...

i was fishing for stripers and when i got this on my line thought i had a big catfish. It tried to holdo bottom like one ...
Old 04-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

A little correction: tht was an adult sized sturgeon it was the Atlantic sturgeon I was referring to wen I said 7ft. Tht was actually an adult fish u caught prob in spawn. They only grow to 35" and live up to 75 years. Urs prob 20-30 yrs old. Great catch tho deff!!!!
Note: there is an estimated 12,000 short-nosed sturgeon in our river.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 AM
Striper Hunter

wind on Friday is supposed to ne around 3mph......by sat and sunday pick back up to 7 to 9mph.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Striper Hunter

Thanks Rob, 7-9 is deffinately better the 10 - 20. can't wait till Saturday we are do for a good day on the water.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Official Member

Just got my boat back from t-top place, can't wait til Sunday to head out. Does any one knows if the Commodore Barry bridge public ramp still open? Since they put up the stadium in that area, I wonder if they take up the space of the ramp area. Thanks guys
Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Lol guys must be itching to get on the water cthu we're talking wind predictions for future days lol going out Friday before work. Catch'em up guys. Some of the best fishing happens in the nastiest weather. For the most part zero wind means zero big bass.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:53 PM
jetinray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler20 View Post
Just got my boat back from t-top place, can't wait til Sunday to head out. Does any one knows if the Commodore Barry bridge public ramp still open? Since they put up the stadium in that area, I wonder if they take up the space of the ramp area. Thanks guys
I was there last Friday it is open but they did not have the docks in yet. Make sure there is not a game because I have hear they close it on game days. Heading north for some smallies on the Susquehanna Saturday but hope to be back on the big D soon. Good luck Whaler
Old 04-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Striper Hunter

poss heading out tonight and def tomorrow night in bristol (bridge area & mill st) - hope to have some luck. also looking to head to the surf maybe on sat depending on the conditions.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfishin View Post
I was there last Friday it is open but they did not have the docks in yet. Make sure there is not a game because I have hear they close it on game days. Heading north for some smallies on the Susquehanna Saturday but hope to be back on the big D soon. Good luck Whaler
Thanks goodfishin, have a great time in Susquehanna.