2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here) - Page 11 - Stripers247.com Forums
 
Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Old 04-10-2012, 05:22 PM
robmedina robmedina is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Canoe? Nah I would never put canoe on river ------12' aluminum with 2hp outboard and Sunday is not the nastiest weather I been out there in either tht was nothing sunday the wind didn't really pick up til tide turned and then it was wind with tide and wind across tide. It gets really ruff when the wind blows against tide. I've spent the last 5 years on the river in this set up and tho it has been very dangerous at times I've learned to handle whatever the river has thrown at me. Some days r not for the inexperienced Thts for sure.
Oh ok, I was gonna say- Sheesh if you were out there in a canoe, LOL! I actually just sold my 12' Modified V and bought a kayak. It is 12' also, but I feel way more comfortable on it than in that 12' mod v. I have been in some rough water with my kayaks before....actually kind of enjoyed it, lol!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #152  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 AM
jinfinity jinfinity is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

I was out yesterday in the wind my buddy and I caught a half dozen 20 inch + cat fish and only 1 18" striper all on clams and bloods. We were down below oldmans creek below the Commador Barry Bridge in about 20' of water. The wind was insane.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:05 AM
robmedina robmedina is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinfinity View Post
I was out yesterday in the wind my buddy and I caught a half dozen 20 inch + cat fish and only 1 18" striper all on clams and bloods. We were down below oldmans creek below the Commador Barry Bridge in about 20' of water. The wind was insane.
I have some time friday afternoon and Sunday. I hoe the wind dies down by then!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #154  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM
BigRbassin BigRbassin is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

I never made it out on Monday due to the wind, we are planning a Saturday trip and hoping the wind settles. May be time to leave the crowd at the rancocus and head south, maybe the flats near the talcony.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM
ruger1v's Avatar
ruger1v ruger1v is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bucks County Pa.
Posts: 17
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

At trenton last night had 4 bites about 6 pm to 8:30 2 nice ones that took off with alot of line fast and dropped the bait. Had one other bite and cought this Stergeon. How i have no idea, bait wouldnt fit in his mouth About 25-27 inches ...

Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 PM
mu fish's Avatar
mu fish mu fish is offline
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 605
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger1v View Post
At trenton last night had 4 bites about 6 pm to 8:30 2 nice ones that took off with alot of line fast and dropped the bait. Had one other bite and cought this Stergeon. How i have no idea, bait wouldnt fit in his mouth About 25-27 inches ...

Nice catch bro. I always knida keep it in back of my head tht they r in the river and hope one day to catch on myself. Living fossil right there. How was the fight? And wht did u take it on?
April is the spawn month for them also always a chance of hooking up with a 7 footer! Tht fish there will still need another 7 years or so before its mature. Looks like a short nose and not Atlantic but deff it is a good sign anytime these catches r reported it shows the river is cleanin up.
Could u imagine hooking up with tht ones parents? Won't stand a chance at seeing it by tue boat but sure would be cool to either get spooled or play tug a war with a beast like tht!
Also I hope u don't mind but I sent in ur report and pic to NOAA and the PFBC.
Good catch bro.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
ruger1v's Avatar
ruger1v ruger1v is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bucks County Pa.
Posts: 17
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Nice catch bro. I always knida keep it in back of my head tht they r in the river and hope one day to catch on myself. Living fossil right there. How was the fight? And wht did u take it on?
April is the spawn month for them also always a chance of hooking up with a 7 footer! Tht fish there will still need another 7 years or so before its mature. Looks like a short nose and not Atlantic but deff it is a good sign anytime these catches r reported it shows the river is cleanin up.
Could u imagine hooking up with tht ones parents? Won't stand a chance at seeing it by tue boat but sure would be cool to either get spooled or play tug a war with a beast like tht!
Also I hope u don't mind but I sent in ur report and pic to NOAA and the PFBC.
Good catch bro.
I was fishing with a chunk of Yellow perch. And no problem, send any info wherever you like. I thought it was a short nose also...

i was fishing for stripers and when i got this on my line thought i had a big catfish. It tried to holdo bottom like one ...
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:45 PM
mu fish's Avatar
mu fish mu fish is offline
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 605
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

A little correction: tht was an adult sized sturgeon it was the Atlantic sturgeon I was referring to wen I said 7ft. Tht was actually an adult fish u caught prob in spawn. They only grow to 35" and live up to 75 years. Urs prob 20-30 yrs old. Great catch tho deff!!!!
Note: there is an estimated 12,000 short-nosed sturgeon in our river.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 AM
robmedina robmedina is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

wind on Friday is supposed to ne around 3mph......by sat and sunday pick back up to 7 to 9mph.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:36 AM
BigRbassin BigRbassin is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Thanks Rob, 7-9 is deffinately better the 10 - 20. can't wait till Saturday we are do for a good day on the water.
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Whaler20 Whaler20 is offline
Official Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Just got my boat back from t-top place, can't wait til Sunday to head out. Does any one knows if the Commodore Barry bridge public ramp still open? Since they put up the stadium in that area, I wonder if they take up the space of the ramp area. Thanks guys
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
mu fish's Avatar
mu fish mu fish is offline
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 605
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Lol guys must be itching to get on the water cthu we're talking wind predictions for future days lol going out Friday before work. Catch'em up guys. Some of the best fishing happens in the nastiest weather. For the most part zero wind means zero big bass.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:53 PM
goodfishin goodfishin is offline
jetinray
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: spring city Pa
Posts: 37
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler20 View Post
Just got my boat back from t-top place, can't wait til Sunday to head out. Does any one knows if the Commodore Barry bridge public ramp still open? Since they put up the stadium in that area, I wonder if they take up the space of the ramp area. Thanks guys
I was there last Friday it is open but they did not have the docks in yet. Make sure there is not a game because I have hear they close it on game days. Heading north for some smallies on the Susquehanna Saturday but hope to be back on the big D soon. Good luck Whaler
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 04-12-2012, 05:07 PM
section_227 section_227 is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lower Bucks
Posts: 34
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

poss heading out tonight and def tomorrow night in bristol (bridge area & mill st) - hope to have some luck. also looking to head to the surf maybe on sat depending on the conditions.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 04-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Whaler20 Whaler20 is offline
Official Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8
Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfishin View Post
I was there last Friday it is open but they did not have the docks in yet. Make sure there is not a game because I have hear they close it on game days. Heading north for some smallies on the Susquehanna Saturday but hope to be back on the big D soon. Good luck Whaler
Thanks goodfishin, have a great time in Susquehanna.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2012, big, fishing, reportspost, spring

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brinkmans Philadelphia and Eastern Pa. area Fishing report CaptainMorgan! Delaware River 66 03-25-2011 07:51 PM
Zims comprehensive tackle show list zimno1 Seminars / Expos / Tourneys 2 08-03-2009 09:41 AM
Carl Newell RIP NYCBassMan Commemorative Threads 3 01-29-2009 08:38 PM
Public input sought on proposed fishing regulation changes Striperjim Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News 1 08-28-2008 10:28 PM
BIG BUNKER MISSING FROM THE SURF THIS YEAR Striperjim Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News 1 11-13-2004 05:57 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2013 Stripers247.com LLC
Affiliated Sites:   Noreast.com   Allcoast.com    2coolfishing.com