Fishing the Mid-Coast for the week beginning 6-2-06 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 06-03-2006, 10:00 AM
LunkHead

Default Fishing the Mid-Coast for the week beginning 6-2-06

What, how, boat or beach and when is great but please don't be too specific naming the spots, Bayshore, Hook, NoMon, SoMon, NoOcean, SoOcean......... is plenty.
Since the NJ forum is now part of the "Mid-Coast" forum, we'll need some new abbreviations to describe Staten Island, Long Island, the Sound, Manhattan, what have you. Use those shown below for Joisey.....

Bayshore = Parkway Bridge to Atlantic Highlands
Hook = Sandy Hook
NoMon = SeaBright to Asbury Park
SoMon = Bradley Beach to Manasquan
NoOcean = Point Pleasant to Seaside
IBSP = Island Beach State Park
SoOcean = Toms River to Forked River
For river or back bay fish just use one of the above terms and follow with "in the back"

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 10:04 AM
LunkHead

Pluggin' in the rain last night got me nuttin' but wet.....going back down in a little while to try my luck. After all the bluefish reports I've been reading about here and other sites, you'd think the ocean would be full of them, I have not seen a one yet this season from the beach. Hope to change that today, I'll be fishing for stripers, but will take some blues.

Ed

Old 06-03-2006, 09:32 PM

Hooked into a BASS from Brooklyn Bay. 32" livelined bunker. Take that you rancid bluefish!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed White
After all the bluefish reports I've been reading about here and other sites, you'd think the ocean would be full of them, I have not seen a one yet this season from the beach.
You gotta be kidding me - I have caught more blues this spring then probably in the last 10 springs combined. I had more of the lousy things today then in any single day ever in my life. Half the plugs in my bag are mangled, all my jigs are gone and none of my tins (those that didn't get bit off) have any bucktail left on the hooks - not to mention all the hooks that got bit off when I tried to fish bait

I HATE bluefish !
Old 06-04-2006, 09:01 AM
LunkHead

Well, I found the first blue today, easy a 10 pounder, ate my bunker chunk, and that was it for 3 hours in the rain by 7 President's Park. Moved south looking for some bass, all I found were more guys looking for bass. After the skates showed up, I left. I have to get out at night some more, the beaches are getting pretty crowded daytimes.

Ed

Old 06-04-2006, 05:09 PM

I trolled around this morning for about an hour and a half, NADA. I couldn't find any bunker either. Luckily I brought some bait for fluke and wound up with 3 keepers up to 5 lbs. That was out of about 35 shorts.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:38 AM

Ha Ha! You guys crack me up!
Bluefish...I love those violent little maniacs!
No but seriously,..... it IS annoying loosing all your tackle
but damn they're a fun fight!
Remember,...where there's blues, there's bass!
(If you can get through the toothy critters lol)

By the way...is anyone doing ok with the fluke?
kinda slow here in jamaica bay which is usually the place to be.
crappy weather?
Old 06-07-2006, 06:40 PM

wish i could help with the fluke but ive only been out twice and were catching plenty for stripers and blues to stay away from the fluke. yea i dont think ill ever complain about the blues because one day they might not be there and you wont catch nothing. they are way to agressive though! we were trying to snag a few bunker and the bluefish were biting the treble hooks while jigging the hooks! also had plenty of teeth marks on the sinker above the hook.

my only wish was that the striper wouldnt be shy of steel leader then we could catch both with out loosing hafe your tackle every trip. sundays trip the blue were alot smaller so we didnt lose nearly as much tackle besides about 50 yards of leader material.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:11 PM

went out to NoMon this evening around 6:30. high tide was about an hour before i got there so i figured i hit a good time. a surfer was leaving as i pulled up and he said stripers were running thru all day. i got all excited...for nothing. i didnt even get a bite. saw no birds working the water...nothing. this has been a lousy spring run for me. havent caught a striper in weeks. then again, i dont go out every day. its the old "catch 22" for me... damned if i do, damned if i dont. good luck to everyone else out there!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:28 AM

not sure what tackle your using. I'm a jig guy myself but supposedly they are only on bunker right now and i've heard a very few sketchy reports of clams and worms workin here and there.
Good luck!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:41 AM

bluefish, im using it all....clams, bunker chunks, storm shads, plugs. ive always got 2 poles to keep my options open. guess im just not putting enough time in. i wanna go out this weekend and hopefully catch at least one keeper for dinner.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:57 PM

AfX, Where are you fishing mostly?