Fishing in NY & NJ for the week beginning 5/12/06 - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 05-18-2006, 12:29 AM
First Mate
Pro Staff

fished the incoming tonight at my little wading spot in BK. Mini bass were all I got, but I did figure out the bait pattern for the spot. Which will undoubtedly change now that I got it.
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2006, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed White
Love to be there Suds, but the wife returns from her travels tonight, and I should probably be here watching the kiddies when she gets in.
I'll get in touch wit ya soon.
Ed
You didn't miss anything. The new spot turned out to be a dud on the south wind. I think it might be a lot more interesting on a north or east.

One interesting thing, as I was walking back up I met the Rev. George C Morgan, Fleet Pastor of the Seacoast Missionary Society and he gave me his card - "Serving God at Sea and at Shore since 1704" (he didn't look that old )
He blessed my rod n reel. What the heck, we have the first interclub tournament of the season this weekend and I'll take any edge I can get :)

Couldn't stay to see if it helped, had to leave early to go pick up a puppy
Old 05-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

A priest decides to take a walk to the pier near his church. He looks around and finally stops to watch a fisherman load his boat. The fisherman notices, and asks the priest if he would like to join him for a couple of hours. The priest agrees.

The fisherman asks if the priest has ever fished before, to which the priest says no. He baits the hook for him and says, "Give it a shot father".

After a few minutes, the priest hooks a big fish and struggles to get it in the boat. The fisherman says "Whoa, what a big sonofabitch!"

Priest: "Uh, please sir, can you mind your language?" Fisherman: (THINKING QUICKLY) "I'm sorry father, but that's what this fish is called - a sonofabitch!"

Priest: "Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't know."

After the trip, the priest brings the fish to the church and spots the bishop.

Priest: "Look at this big sonofabitch!"

Bishop: "Please, mind your language, this is a house of God."

Priest: "No, you don't understand - that's what this fish is called, and I caught it. I caught this sonofabitch!"

Bishop: "Hmmm. You know, I could clean this sonofabitch and we could have it for dinner." So the Bishop takes the fish and cleans it, and brings it to the head mother.

Bishop: "Could you cook this sonofabitch for dinner tonight?"

Head Mother: "My lord, what language!"

Bishop: "No, sister, that's what the fish is called - a sonofabitch! Father caught it, I cleaned it, and we'd like you to cook it."

Head Mother: "Hmmm. Yes, I'll cook that sonofabitch tonight."

Well, the Pope stops by for dinner with the three of them, and they all think the fish is great. He asks where they got it.

Priest: "I caught the sonofabitch!"

Bishop: "And I cleaned the sonofabitch!"

Head Mother: "And I cooked the sonofabitch!"

The Pope stares at them for a minute with a steely gaze, but then takes off his hat, puts his feet up on the table, and says, "You know, you ****************ers are alright."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2006, 07:21 AM

Now thats funny.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:26 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

that was good!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:56 AM

Got out for a bit last night. 3 in the bay on clams 24", 2 @ 27".
Bastages fought like 20# bluefish every inch of the way in. Somebody spike the water with Red Bull ??
Old 05-19-2006, 12:42 PM
First Mate

Anythign happening down in the Wildwood area? I'm heading down for the weekend with a bunch of friends and I'm hoping to maybe land a bass or blue or two for dinner.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:45 PM

Was out last night in Southern Monmouth and Northern Ocean, one small schoolie on a plug and nothing else between my friend and I.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

just friggen sick of these bastages!

Old 05-20-2006, 03:08 PM
LunkHead

Hey, bluefish may be worthless, they are to me, but I'd still rather catch them than get stuck with the skunk, at least they put up a heck of a fight. I have yet to see one yet this year though.
I managed to put one with stripes in the cooler this morning, 35" on a clam, off the beach, still nothing on plugs or jigs. Might get to go out on a boat tomorrow, I'll let ya know how we did.

Ed

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 05-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

i have friends who eat bluefish (smoke em) it's good, but i don;t go outta my way to eat it that much. good job on da bass., i can;t put in the time to get past the choppers but that;s always been my problem when the OT starts piling on at work.

Old 05-20-2006, 09:47 PM

Ed. Are you letting this ocean forecast stop you? I don't know what to believe anymore I don't know if I want to head north or just stay in the river for some fluke.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:45 AM

Default Stuck in North Carolina

Hi Everyone,

I am stuck here in NC for another week. I would love to catch a bass before I get shipped off to Boston. Anyone fishing the 4th or 5th?

Zim, you get any bass buddy?
Old 05-21-2006, 10:39 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

hey brudda. tons of bluefish and the bass are in deep water for boaters (unlike yourself LOL) to get. coming in and as duped as i was last night 4 bluefish to 8# one nitwit had a bass and tried to set the hook . pffft! where was my bait? 4ft away. go figure, anyway. whats up 4th or 5th? can you go sun night? sun - day is out and working monday.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:02 PM
LunkHead

Default The Slaughter......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlsorz
Ed. Are you letting this ocean forecast stop you? I don't know what to believe anymore I don't know if I want to head north or just stay in the river for some fluke.
sadlsorz,
I got out Sunday morning with a few neighbors, there were 5 of us on board, we all live on the same little street, and the guy with the boat knew what he was doing....I don't get out on boats for stripers very often, usually just for fluke, but today we hit the jackpot, as soon as the lines hit the water we were into decent fish, the boat reached the legal limit for 5 guys in 1-1/2 hours, and we caught 10-12 more stripers and just one blue before we quit, we had big bass busting all over the surface while we were fighting the fish we'd hooked, it was just wild, cranking on a fish and another fish is blasting a bunker right next to the boat......it was stupid fishing. Cost us a couple of bunker spoons along the way, but the thing that I loved were these bucktail-looking things with lots of green hair, a swinging trailer hook, and a porkrind on it with a stinger hook, you let those babies out with the wire line, and just sweep the rod back and forth till the striper comes and tries to take the rod outta your hands. One time I was still letting line out when the bastage hit and nearly burned my thumb off. Man, we had fun.
I don't normally keep all the fish I catch, but we came home today with a LOT of fish, the captain was gaffing them, so no point putting them back.....anyway, everyone I know got some striper for the freezer.
Of course, this is just a fish story without pictures, so here's some of them.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"