Fishing in NY & NJ for the week beginning 5/12/06 - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 05-21-2006, 10:05 PM

Way to go Ed

I had a cursed weekend, my club won the first tournament but with no help from me. Fished from midnight til 3 A:M Thursday night for 2 @ 27 and 1 @ 24 (tourny rules are one @ 30"). Friday night from 9 P:M to 4 A:M , between a buddy and I we had one hit and one dropped fish (small). Sat evening the tide was a complete blowout with the west wind. Lot of guys on the ends of the jetties and nothing at all biting - it had the feel of something about to happen when the tide came in but unfortunately I started feeling lousy and went home to bed about 10:00 P:M.

Woke up late morning with a nasty fever to a phone call from one of my club brothers screaming to get my arse down there - a full scale blitz was on, fish to 30#.

Fever broke about 2:00 which is about when the blitz was over.

I feel much better now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

MY Ni$#@$ !!! glad you got da cows for a change. nice job. i knew the bigguns were coming to you. heard cape may was all 50's the other day. going out tomorrow night wind or no wind. man, suds, that sucks. hope your feeling better

Old 05-21-2006, 11:04 PM

My bad, I didn't get my point across very well -
I was home in bed for the blitz Didn't start to feel better until it was ending
Old 05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

sorry suds, i was talking to ed and your post jumped in front of mine. i know what you meant. edited the post to include my concern for your well being after i saw your post. excellent job getting sick. means you were actually giving it your all.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:42 AM

Nice fish Ed!! I went up north around 10:00 and there were birds and blues busting all over the place, but on the radio they were saying that the bass bite had turned off by then. We trolled up a bunch of little blues but no bass. I threw a jig in for a while and tied into what felt like a BIG bass, but halfway up it got off. Around 2:00 the birds showed up again but it got REALLY snotty so we headed home.

Judging by those pics you were out there pretty early huh?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:56 AM

Wow that's awesome, great fish and pics!
Looks like you guys had a blast and have some really nice fish in that mix!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:24 PM
LunkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlsorz
Around 2:00 the birds showed up again but it got REALLY snotty so we headed home.

Judging by those pics you were out there pretty early huh?
We were out of the slip by 5:40 and had lines in the water by 6:30 at the latest, fished till 9:00 and the wind had just switched around and started to pickup on our way back.

By 3:00 when I was a block from the beach watching my nephew play soccer, the wind was howling, and when it started to rain, it was coming down sideways, we were soaked in a matter of a minute....it actually hurt, like riding your motorcycle thru the rain.
Hope you were home by then! :)

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 05-22-2006, 04:49 PM
LunkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
I had a cursed weekend, my club won the first tournament but with no help from me. Fished from midnight til 3 A:M Thursday night for 2 @ 27 and 1 @ 24 (tourny rules are one @ 30"). Friday night from 9 P:M to 4 A:M , between a buddy and I we had one hit and one dropped fish (small). Sat evening the tide was a complete blowout with the west wind. Lot of guys on the ends of the jetties and nothing at all biting - it had the feel of something about to happen when the tide came in but unfortunately I started feeling lousy and went home to bed about 10:00 P:M.

Woke up late morning with a nasty fever to a phone call from one of my club brothers screaming to get my arse down there - a full scale blitz was on, fish to 30#.

Fever broke about 2:00 which is about when the blitz was over.

I feel much better now
Sorry to hear ya got the creeping crud, but at least your club got the win.....and after seeing the number of fish I saw on Sunday, there is no doubt that THEY ARE HERE!!!!!
Just gotta find 'em.....I have enough bunker in my bait fridge to fish the next 2 trips, just from the stomachs of the fish I cleaned. I'll be down the beach Wed after work to try it again. After all, fishing from the boat is cheating

Ed

Old 05-24-2006, 11:59 AM

went out and fished bayshore last night around 630-830pm. used clams and had a big hit 5 min after it hit the water. missed 3 large hits afterwards. 4th hit snapped my line, but it was my fault as i hadnt checked my terminal tackle in a while. after i changed to new hook etc., i caught a nice blue. then another. then no more action of any kind for the last 45min. no stripers caught at all. im prolly gonna hit up NoMon on thurs evening. blues in the bay are fun but id rather eat bass.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:20 PM

Got out for 2 hours around lunchtime today - The outside between Long Branch and Sandy Hook (NoMon) was literally paved with 2 to 5 lb bluefish. Every spot I tried I had the bastages on every cast (plugging)
Old 05-24-2006, 10:00 PM
LunkHead

As bad as that sounds Suds, I spent 3 hours around my normal haunts after work and even though I could see bait in the water, and birds were working up and down the beach, I could find no sign of any kind of life, for 4 solid hours, no hits, no bites, no nibbles.
After the stupid fishing from Sunday, I was prepared to be disappointed, but this was just lame.

Ed