Fishing for the week beginning Friday Nov 18th. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 11-19-2005, 08:00 PM
LunkHead

Default Fishing for the week beginning Friday Nov 18th.

What, how, boat or beach and when is great but please don't be too specific naming the spots, Bayshore, Hook, NoMon, SoMon, NoOcean, SoOcean......... is plenty.

Bayshore = Parkway Bridge to Atlantic Highlands
Hook = Sandy Hook
NoMon = SeaBright to Asbury Park
SoMon = Bradley Beach to Manasquan
NoOcean = Point Pleasant to Seaside
IBSP = Island Beach State Park
SoOcean = Toms River to Forked River
For river or back bay fish just use one of the above terms and follow with "in the back"

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2005, 08:03 PM
LunkHead

Default Thank You Mr Flounder

Well,
The skunk was narrowly avoided tonight by the presence of one small flounder on about my 4th cast, then nothing at all for the next 2 hours.
So while I am not covered in skunk stink, I only have a small whiff of stench after tonight.

Ed

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 11-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

skate.skunk. same thing to me, i really feel the next weekend is the ticket.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2005, 10:10 PM

Didn't get out myself but got quite a few NoMon reports - all bad 'cept one guy who had some shorts and one 30"er.

There are still some decent fish around the east end of LI. So long as this brewing storm doesn't hit us we might get a brief shot at em this coming weekend.

If we do get hit, you can pack em up boys - the fat broad is singing.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:57 PM

consider me packed. Spent 12 hours on the water today around IBSP Birds and blues everywhere not one bass. Heard a few guys on the radio picking at mostly shorts.

I will tell you though that the blues today were monsters most in the 10 to 15 pound range. The 15 pounders head was so big I can't even imagine how big he will be when he fattens up.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Well Well Well

I have a hypothesis that good weather means crappy fishing. I cannot remember better weather in November and worse fishing either. And everyone is an expert on the beach. I fished the Jersey bayshore east and west and went to the hook. Hit the tides right, fresh bait, casted close, far, in cuts, flats, pools and followed bait - I can honestly say that I did not lose a single pice of bait from a fish (I threw a whole bucket of clams into the water to try chumming - I know but what did I have to lose)

Nor did I see a single person with a fish - not one fish the whole day. Did I miss the fish memo? Did the King striper tell all the big fish to skip the Jersey shore and head straight to Virginia? Either which way, I am taking the boat out tomorrow and will fish until I can find that damn memo.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

don't take it out! trust me, after this rain comes the blues will go deep and not return. sheet! the herring have not even hit the long island beaches till today. this will be monstah city come this saturday

Old 11-21-2005, 12:27 AM

Manhattan Beach was spitting up blues close to twenty pounds, real insane fish. The eyes follow you and the scariest thing in the world is approaching one with a pair of plyers.

I cannot wait until they are gone. My poor Rapalas have been beaten to a pulp, Zimno I am taking your word that the herring this weekend will bring the bass nearshore to feed.

My bucktails are begging for some action.