Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Fishing the rocks in Ocean City???

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SnwbrdrRm 
#1 ·
Every year I head down a few weekends with my in-laws to ocean city for the summer. I usually wake up early and head to the surf by myself and fish a little. THis year my father and brother-in-law want to join me to learn. Now I am not the familiar with Ocean City and normally headed to the southern side near Corsen's Inlet. Last year I fished up north off of East Surf Road. I just looked at the topo and realized that there is a tidal flat out off the rocks I normall fish off of. The map shows between 3 and 6 foot deep between that flat, should I be fishing that cut or shou ld I venture down the surf further to where it opens up? I really want to try and get these guys on some fish if anything is out there. I normally head out near IBSP or Barnegat so this is a spot I don't get to hit often. (http://mapserver.mytopo.com/homepag...e/index.cfm&bpid=MAP0060030900&latlontype=DMS)

Any help would be greatly appreciated or tips where some better fishing down there can be found rather than fishing a crap spot.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

#2 ·
I fish the area, the jetty's are all good and so is Townsends and Corsons inlet. We don't see much striper action in the dead of summer especially when the water heats up but if you want to get in to some fish try the Russian trawler method - 3 guys on the beach leap frogging over each other casting into the wash - I use this method when I bring my father and brother in law and we do well catching flounder from the surf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.