Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

C.C Canal kepah's

Tags
canal kepah
4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  sea sea rider 
#1 ·
Got my first keeper of the young 2006 season,hopefully many more to come headbang.gif only 33 in. had to keep it,as i was starving all day long.and my son wanted to eat it up too.so we kept it and chowd down last night :) On our way back home we stopped at Buzzards Bait(very nice folks there). we went in and they wanted to take a pic for their striper wall. so i had my 9 yr old son get his pic taken for the striper wall. the dude was about to take the pic, and i said..... hang on a sec. and put my STRIPER247 hat on his head for the pic. the other guy in there noticed the hat and said ...hey i'm a striper 247... NICE HAT!!! we introdued oureselves and i met COWSTALKINGVAMPIRE....I thought it was cool to finally meet someone from the 247....

#7 ·
Thnx guys,it is awsome to have a little fishin buddy,he gets up before i do in the wee hours of the am and taps me a few times... then just yells!!! time to go fishin !!!!get upp!!! sleep.gif i'm ok after a coffee :) I'll be down the ditch inbetween the kids baseball n softball games.i was thinkin about gettin a room near the canal maybe sat night just for a place to get a few winks in between fishin but being the holliday weekend,might not happen.i'll be there no matter what cigar.gif

#8 ·
hey seasea,where is stones estate? i'm gonna be workin in wareham on thursday and while i'm in town i'm going to see some dude that fixes and sells gear,you prolly know him. i think he's near crooked rd or something like that.lemme know if you'll be around and maybe i'll buy ya a drink. Don

#9 ·
Thanks but I won't be around this week. The Stones estate is at the west end of the canal. as you come out of the canal, the first point of land on your right is Sippican neck. the big stone castle on the point is the stones estate. ( Great Hill Point)You follow the channel in to the wareham river to get to Warrs Marine in downtown Wareham. There shoud be fish in that area now.

#13 ·
just got back from the canal, was there from sat night to tuesday and have the wind-burns to prove it... 20-30+ most of the time.. tough jiggin but managed some fish each day.. biggest was a fat 33 inch and my girlfriend got some fish as well.. her biggest was about 27-28.. too bad it was so windy but we had a good time and she got a good taste of the ditch jiggin' thing and I was quite impressed watching her handle that ditch rod with 3-4oz jigs :ugogirl: .. thumbsup.gif.. heard reports of fish being outside but we wanted to jig the canal so we toughed it out there.. fish weren't active til the bottom of the tides and at the start of the current turns east or west.. we'd bang a few and that would be it.. nothing but bottom after that.. very little bait at the run.. only found one spot holding alewives and it wasn't at the run..

I can see why they have a moratorium on them now... the herring situation down there is bad..

we hit the Saco on the way home and she caught 2 nice 30inch fatties on a jig.. we got home and hit the upper kenny and she caught two more on jigs... baby got jiggin down now thumbsup.gif

rock on babycakes headbang.gif

#15 ·
Jig good to hear your long drive was productive,Jimi4290 and I were there on sunday between 3am and 7:30 am,high tide was at 4am but nothing happening,there was about a 38-40 inch fish pulled out about 20' from where I was casting.Oh well sometimes location is everything.

#16 ·
ckphelps said:
there was about a 38-40 inch fish pulled out about 20' from where I was casting.Oh well sometimes location is everything.
east of the sagamore? cape side? we had our best luck on the east current

the west current was wham bam thankyou mam then dead.. right at the first hour of the turn..

and agree on location, a lot of dead water there last weekend.. we stuck with the alewives we found and it was pretty consistant..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.