Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

How do you organize your gear?

Organizing Gear

14K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  jerseystriper 
#1 ·
How do you organize your Gear?

#30 ·
I made a rod holder for in my garage that holds all of my spinning and conventional combos except my one piece surf rod which hangs from the ceiling. My fly combos live in their cases.

I have 2 vests one for fly and the other for spinning trout. Each one is gone through before each outing and whatever is to left behind sits on my dresser awaiting my return.

I have 8 tackle boxes. Each for a specific type or species of fish. I have a myriad of plano boxes to interchange for my softside and bellyboat. 3 cardboard boxes:
2 full of soft plastics with homemade dividers seperated into type 1for dark colors and 1 for light.
1 that contains line and terminal tackle.

I have 3 surf bags one that I carry and the other two are for storage. Also have ziploc bags for overflow and lead (for when my girlfriend wants to go chunkin)

Thats the organized part. There is also stuff just lying around, spare pieces and parts, stuff I didn't like, stuff I thought was cool, and the stuff I don't use anymore but just can't part with.

#37 ·
Big closet full of plugs hanging by type and all of my other crap organized in a half bi-polar half OCD way.

Attachments

#38 ·
Jon006 that there doesnt look OCD at all, it looks sweet! I just finished measuring a spot in the garage to replicate it! Ok all my stuff is lumped together in a corner of the garage. My fly gear is on a shelf next to the waders. All of my gear is stored in Plano boxes that I alternate into a hydration backpack for each outing. I keep an ultralight setup in each vehicle along with a Plano box of "basics" in case the urge strikes while I'm passing a pond/brook/resevoir/puddle that might hold fish. When I'm fishing the ditch I alternate between a green pickle bucket and a white bucket with one of those bucket buddy systems like this:

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-clc-b...ket-organizer-price-12-49-30--pi-1291940.html

and a couple of these as well:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1291963&clickid=prod_cs

#39 ·
Nope totally OCD, however as long as I am not lazy and rinse my plugs and hang them there the hooks don't rust!!!! I'll have to keep an eye out for the green pickle bucket!!! That's priceless!

#40 ·
I am organizing a bit better by selling off the casting rods, reels, and surf bags. As for some reels & rods that I have found memories, they will kept on the side. My first jetty rod that I built on a honey lami stick holds sentimental value. The rest of the reels and rods that I don't need will be sold off or given to local kids. For plugs I've given up on the large Abu tackle bags to go with plano boxes that slide into a locking vertical stacking holder. All the weights I have are now in coffee cans marked by ounces and sorted by type. All the 5 oz, sliding egg sinkers, and 12 oz sinker are going to my buddy for a melt down. So by the end I will have only bank and hatteras sinkers left. Still not sure what to do with all the waders, but have left them on the ground. I am not buying anymore mono line and using what I have up so there are only a few 1/4 lb spools. All the fishing magazines, junky plugs, rigs have been tossed out. It is looking a lot better these days in the sun porch.

#41 ·
It's funny that I had missed this thread as I was just thicking about this the other day. I was looking over the house, garage, room under garage and boat house which all of it is a mess. I have my tackle piled all over the place and sometimes don't know where to put it. I used to just leave some of it in the boat house as it was easy and convienent but after having a several rods/reels and 2 huge tackle boxes stolen I don't leave there anymore. One of my projects is to clean out and organize the garage to use as a work shop and storage. Now it's storage but in a giant heap. I keep most stuff in bags, boxes and some small duffel/shoulder bags. As I have been trying to replace the stolen stuff I have also acquired much stuff I didn't have. I do like to hang some others in bins though(stuff not in tackle bag/box)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.