Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Aunt needs advise on where to take nephews fishing

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fedcopmike 
#1 ·
Hello all.
In this day and age of video games, I thought I would take my nephews out for a fishing trip and hopefully give them a more healthy addiction!
They go freshwater fishing with me often and love it and have asked if we could go for "really big fish". I told them I would take them for stripped bass and now I am not sure how to live up to that.

I grew up with my dad being a hunter/fisherman so I have done my fair share of fishing but I have not been salt water fishing in many years. I know a private boat is the best route but my dad moved out of NY so I was hoping someone could help me find a good party boat to take my nephews on.

I am thinking Montauk is the best choice but still there are dozens of boats so is anyone familiar with a good captain? What would be the next best location if we can't make it out there? Captree state park? Which boat?

If someone could help I would really appreciate it and hopefully we can bring two more people into the wonderful world of fishing.

Thanks so much - Christine

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.