Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Hello - from FTBuckeye

Tags
ftbuckeye
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JakeF 
#1 ·
So yes, my name is because I bleed scarlet and gray and love The Ohio State Buckeyes. But that's another story.

I've recently moved from Colorado to Long Island with my wife and family. I have 4 wonderful kids - 2 boys and 2 girls. All the kids love to fish.

Luckily I've met a friend from Port Jeff who takes us out in the Sound on his boat to do some fishing. I use his gear, take his advice, .... It's great for the kids, no question. However, I've been fishing for a while, all in the Colorado/Wyoming region in rivers and lakes for trout mainly, but all freshwater. I've done some moderate fly fishing, I've even spent many hours tying my own flies and testing them out, I love spinner fishing, and don't mind using bait when necessary.

I have the fever!! I wanna embrace our new surroundings and do as much fishing as possible. I would love to join a local group that goes striper fishing around the area. I didn't see any around Stony Brook. We live like a 5 minute walk to the sound in Stony Brook as well, so quick access. But then again, I have no idea where to catch Stripers. My guess is no where near where I currently live, but I don't know.

I have read many threads already. I lot of good information. All this is very new and exciting to me as it is completely different than the fishing I've done in the past. Can't wait to try some stuff out, very excited and so are my boys, ages 10 and 8.

I'm all open to recommendations, connections, or insight into some nice fishing holes around the north shore. I hope I'll be able to contribute back to this site with some good information on my learning experiences.

Cheers,

FTBuckeye

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.