Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Hello from Belgium

Tags
belgium
2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Olivier_BE 
#1 ·
Hi there,
my name is Olivier, I'm from Brussels, Belgium and my english is quiet bad but I will try to do my best to be understandable ;)
I love to fish european seabass and also pikes in freshwaters.
Why to come here in this forum? Because once a year I go to Long Island (NY), Westhampton where I have friends. I love to fish this place from shore, espacially inlets, Moriches or Shinnecock where I catched already a lot of fishes, blues, flat fishes (flounders?), sea robins and of course, stripers! About stripers, I never catched a keeper, the biggest was about 25 inches, not so far... ;)
I'll be there between 11th and 23th of septembre and hope to catch fishes!
Regards,
Olivier.i

#2 ·
Hi Olivier! Welcome to the forum!
You should have a decent shot at larger fish in that time frame, unless the weather stays unusually mild further north. It would be worth taking a little drive out to Montauk while you're here, if you don't find anything around the inlets yet. :icon_thumright:

#4 ·
Good luck with the albies! I have not yet found any of those myself :redface:

I do think you would probably have a better chance for decent striped bass out further east toward Montauk that early in September than down around the inlets. I will be in Montauk shortly after that, from September 29-October 2. :icon_thumright:

Best of luck during your trip! Be sure to check back in here and let us know how you did!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.