Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Bakersfield Aqueduct

48K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  fiB 
#1 ·
Hi All, this is my first post on this site. I would like to say hello. I am new to fishing the aqueduct, and I have caught a few stripers (very few:redbiggrin:), but I would like to hopefully start catching more. So I wanted to start this thread for people that fish the Aqueduct in the Bakersfield and surrounding areas to share tips, reports, and other info so maybe we can all start cathing a few more. I'll start with the last day I was out at the duct on Friday (1/2/08) at the gates across from the golf course near Taft the water was not moving I didn't get a bite however a few people around me caught some on anchovies. I was using chicken liver but no bites, and I also had a lipless crank bait (American shad pattern) that has worked in the past but no takers that day. Anyone have any advise? I'm getting kind of burned out at this spot at the duct and I wanted to know if here was anywhere else in or around Bakersfield I could try? Thanks.

#32 ·
man you guys are probably out there in t-shirts barbequeing and catching fish. I'm cutting in to the glacier thats formed on my front porch.
My windshield cracked from the cold. Even the animals look miserable.

#33 ·
Hello Striperjim,
It's rough living in the desert when the aqueduct is so close to my house. I go out at night when I know the aqueduct gates are open a little and 32 degrees with ice forming on the eye guides. It is hard to fish when that happens but I love it. When it snowed here December 17th there was a foot of snow on the ground here and that don't happen enough here, I went up to the duct and landed a cross bread striper, only a mother could love, on the 19th. It was just a schoolie but I landed one. I miss the days of ice fishing in Michigan. Don't know but did you see snow striper I landed? 6.6 lbs. Brought it in and placed it in the snow and my wife came to take the photo. Doesn't it look like it could eat corn through a picket fence!:shocked: Striper/White Striper inbreeders disease.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.