Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

RI REPORT for Cinco de Mayo

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jimmy Z 
#1 ·
Headed to Luckys this morning around 8:30 for bait Clams and worms.. Ended up leaving with some new lures to.
After getting to the Swansea boat docks had to figure out a plan on where to go. First tried the near by power plant...........Nothing for an hour. Now its about 10:30 trolled spar island (tube&worm) came up empty.
So i Shot up to Sakonnet Point...I know the area pretty well so went to one of my hot spots and Sure as shit.... My first Striper(schoolie) of the season:smile:. Then about 4 more after thatthumbsup.gif. By this time my buddy is sea sick :thumbs2:and hes crying for the land so i had to smack em around a little bit :trout:and tell him to grow some balls and not puke out his spleen. So we headed back near the power plant. First cast with a Worm Smash my first keeper of the yearthumbsup.gif29 1/2. Then i caught 4 more schoolies he caught 3. And then were ready to head in.... but my gut said to cast near these rocks with a rattling minnow and BANG my second keeper of the season right on 28. Now its around 5:30/ 6ish and the old lady told me to get my ass home:notworthy:.
So headed back to docks put the boat on the trailer and headed home and cook some Fish :icon_stirthepot:for the Family, my friend and his Girlfriend. And thats The Day.
So The Stripers are around and eating... Now just waiting for them fat bastards to get here.
Thanks for all the help everyone on the website gave me:yourock:.
And im looking forward for the RI gathering.

See less See more
#4 ·
As promised, here's my fishing results for the past week:

Saturday night (10May): trolled around Spar Island for 2 hours 6:30-8:30 with tube and worm, no hits

Sunday morning (11May): mouth of the Coles river with poppers, no hits
Tube and worm at Spar island, no hits
Tube and worm at the Mount Hope rockpile, no hits
Rapala south of the Mt. Hope lighthouse, one keeper 32"thumbsup.gif, and two 20" schoolies

Wednesday Night (14May):
One 26" schoolie and 1 blue south of the Mt. Hope Lighthouse on a rapala

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.