Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Going out tomarrow keep ya posted

Tags
tomarrow
3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  The Point 
#1 ·
Going out tomarrow to putt around the tauton river up to the mount hope bridge area? any suggestions? hopefully ill catch more then a cold..:lff3:
sandworms, squid, or clam bellies? i say sandworms. what would you use? Also ill post pictures even if i come up empty.

#7 ·
No Joke! The boundaries of the mouth of the outer bay are off limits to Winter Flounder fishing, and has been for several years. It is a protective measure, instituted to protect spawning fish, and was done to placate the Commercial fishing fleet. It was shut it down to all fishing or be fought in the court system for years.
www.dem.ri.gov
Ive Fished under the Braga up to mount hope bridge around the power plant many times. Not for flounder though. Its just of limits to FLounder then right>>??? and that link is for RI ill be fishing Mass waters tomarrow.

#12 ·
yup my bad on the black backs, I forgot that over the last few years the regs have changed dramaticly for some of these traditional spring fisheries, not only does south and east of the cape have a very short split season, they have half the bag limit we do to the north...

North of the cape we can fish them year 'round with an 8 fish bag limit...

This is a good example why EVERYONE should know their own areas regulations before heading out...

#13 ·
The day started off with buckos, main street bait, and luckys having no sand worms. So that f*cking sucked then.
Went out caught nothing!!!! but it felt good to putt around. took some pictures of the Bridges and pictures of my Spots. Nothing great but.... had fun. Pictues taking to long to upload so ill try later.

#15 ·
I could have told you luckies didn't have sandworms i went there yesterday.

They probably told you but tuesday they'll have them along with green crabs for the opening of tautog season.
They will have sandworms tomarrow. :redbiggrin:
But its going to rain all weekend:thumbsdown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.