Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Bonito

Tags
bonito
2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  reef wellington 
#1 ·
Went to Block Island for a couple days. I had walked on an not brought any gear. A last minute charter fell through due to weather, Monday.

Decided to stay longer. I had to go off Island briefly Tuesday. Grabbed the Blazer, some reasonably priced groceries, and a pole and few lures at Benny's.

Wednesday, I prospected early, and it paid off. John at Twin Maples was nice enough to open for a few minutes to sell me a fillet knife. My first Bonito was the first of the season. He knew of one caught a few weeks ago that was an anomaly.

I could write a short story about it. Let me just say, I have never heard a reel sing like mine did with that on the line. I thought it was a blue until in was on the beach.

I saw many more lingering, but not feeding at other times. Anyone going that way, be ready, and have a ball.

#6 ·
I hope they get into Buzzards Bay. I forget if I was already into them in BB at this time last year.

I usually do not keep any data on these fish like I would with Stripers. I guess a few notes would be a good idea so I can see what happens from year to year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.