Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

the Cape

Tags
cape
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jagertom 
#1 ·
I am gonna be in barnstable ma from the 19th - 26th vacationing with the family.

I have never fished the area. The inlet for the barnstable harbor looks pretty good but I do not have an off road vehicle....I may walk it. Other than the inlet are there any other nice spots? I usually chuck plugs and plastics.

If anyone would like to share any local advise please pm me.

I am also thinking about treking it up to Race Point. If anyone has any info or advise, I will be glad to have it. Is the parking prohibited there in the night hours?

Thanks in advance!
I appreciate it.

#2 ·
I caught the biggest bass of my life in Barnstable Harbor (night, live eels) there are plenty of side streets that you can park on and walk through the marsh to get to some good fishing.

I don't know if it has changed but much of Race was closed due to the nesting of the piping plovers which made for a long long walk to get to beach fishing. not sure about the parking lot hours.

#4 ·
As of Thursday 17th most of the beaches were closed to vehicles. One small portion fom the lighthouse to Herring Cove was open and very crowded. More beaches are to open this weekend. Check the Cape Cod National Seashore website for specific information.

I have been fishing the flats at the mouth of Barnstable Bay and catching lots of schoolies on flyrod but no keepers.

Good luck.
Jagertom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.