Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Any Columbia area report.

8K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  CongareeColeman 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm just trying to get back into some river fishing after taking a few years off from it. I'm gonna be putting in at the Rosewood landing, just wondering if anybody has got any reports yet of some good sizes yet in the upper congaree area and down?

#2 ·
I fished this past Sunday. I put in at the Barney Jordan Landing at the end of Rosewood on the Columbia side. We began fishing around 2 pm. We were trolling for the most part(probably around 3-4 knots). We started the day by trolling down past the I-77 bridge about 2 miles I would guess. Just past the 2 or 3 "S" turns. We were trolling with a number of different things, but the rapala 5" or 6" silver and black with no joints was getting hit the most, with fish in the larger size range. We ended up picking 8 fish through the afternoon. We had the best luck just down from the lock on the West Columbia side were the water coming down river through the locks was a lot clearer and cooler, staying close to the bank as possible with out chancing a tangle. We had a great day of fishing but no keepers. The largest fish we caught were in 22-24 inch range. Good luck guys. I hope my information was helpfull. Keep your lines tight!!

#3 ·
Here I am with another report. My brother, girlfriend and I put in on Sunday morning. I tried first up by the lock with no luck that morning. In my spread I had 3 rebels solid back silver and black and silver and blue and a bucktail with a paddle tail little fishy(barrons has it all). I didn't start to pick up fish until I got just past the first big sand beach past 77. The rod that was picking up the most fish was my center rod, I had it short all day around 10-12 counts right behind the prop wash. I picked my largest fish up in the shallows (4-5 ft) which was surprisingly to me cause I would think they would want more current with the cooler water, but that wasn't the case for me. My largest fish of the day was 25". If anyone on here has heard of a anyone with a keeper on the congaree I would love to see some pics or others post. I'm feeling a little lonely over here, haha. Well guys if your reading I hope that my report has helped. Keep your lines tight and may your fishing oasis produce plentifull fishes. later

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.