tsunami ball jig - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:36 PM

Default tsunami ball jig

I've never tried fishing for fluke, but would like to try because i know they're around my area. I'm looking here: http://www.saltwateredge.com/miva/me...egory_Code=NEW for a fluke rig. What do you guys think? I just attach the line to the ball, put some bait on the jig hook, and jig for them right?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2005, 12:52 AM

That looks pretty good. Its pretty much just a bucktail. I would attach a piece of squid though. When i fish for fluke i normally just run a couple of small spoons and a sinker and a nice hung of squid, works every time.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:27 AM

Those work really well ferric. Especially the glow. use fluke belly, squid or even sea robin and a piece of spearing. If your on a boat just lift them off the bottom a little. The movement off the bottom attracts the strike. From shore just bump em across the floor. :wtg:

I've used fluke belly strips and a spearing together with good success.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Pro Staff

Hey Jim,
At the risk of sounding stupid here,,,,, What's spearing??
Old 06-16-2005, 03:24 PM

Jake A small baitfish also called a silverside. Very slender looks like a sand eel. They can be caught in creeks, lagoons, and bay shallows with a cast net. They are used as an alternative to killies and minnows.
Mendia mendia

Atlantic silverside

:wtg:

On an unrelated note the juvenile index siene survey pages were created by Craig Weedon of Marylands Dnr. When we started the site he sent me Beth Verstocks fish and another called "rock on the potomac" Both tagged in Maryland. He owns a few of our T shirts. :hail:
Old 06-16-2005, 05:06 PM

Most people will tie a leader to the ball connected to the main line...then tie another leader to the same eye and put a second trailer hook 2 or 3 feet behind the ball, with something like a squid skirt or a spinner-bucktail combo...
Old 06-17-2005, 12:31 AM

thanks guys. just ordered one.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Pro Staff

Thanks Jim!
Old 06-18-2005, 10:46 AM

When you fish for Fluke, drift along a ledge and bounce you rig on the bottom. You want sandy bottom.
Whole squid and whole freshwater shiners work really well. Try to rig the bait so it won't spin in the current, by hooking it in the front (head of the squid, or mouth of the shiner)

Good Luck