Kayak Deck Bag - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Kayaking Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Kayaking Stripers A forum for the YAK'rs out there.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Official Member

Default Kayak Deck Bag

I'm just a beginner when it comes to fishing from a kayak. I've paddled for many years. I have an OK Trident 13 to fish from but now I'm looking for a deck bag.

This is not a bag I want behind me, but instead in front of me. Many OK paddlers are familiar with the center console and I would like to find a bag that can be mounted on that center console. The straps are already there, so it should be easy.

The challenge I'm finding is most bags are either too big (wide mostly) or are designed for closed cockpit kayaks (like my P&H Sirius). I want to keep my camera (so my fish stories aren't so fishy), pliers, gloves, knife, flares, compass... The stuff you need to put your hands on pretty quickly without having to be a contortionist reaching behind.

What are others using or recommend?

Thanks, and if you are on the North Shore of MA, up for learning from others...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Kayak Deck Bag

I have a closed yak, so the only suggestion I have is to measure what you want and start looking. I use Seattle Sports bag for phone towels food etc.

The only suggtion I can make for plyers and knife is to strap these on. I always keep a diving knife stapped to one leg and plyers to the other. I never use the knife for fishing. Just safety with all the mono line in the lake.

for cutting line etc. I mounted a pair of nail clippers on a cord and mounted the cord to the yak for easy access.

Get the plyers with the attached cord/case and get roll of velcro and make a thigh holster. They will always be within reach.

Good luck

Kyle