Reel Maintenance - - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 03-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Striper Hunter - iFish NY

Default Reel Maintenance -

Hey Guys,

Just got a mint baitrunner 3500b off fleabay to go along with my older 3500B... so after playing around with the "new" reel i determined that its MUCH smoother than my older one (ive never disassembled the old one to clean/greese). Im concerned with sending it into Shimano for servicing this close to the season as they have a few week turn around so I was thinking that maybe one of you guys may know someone who services reels in the hudson valley area?? I really just need a disassemble, cleaning, and regreese done but I am worried about trying to do the job myself as there are a ton of springs/moving parts on these older baitrunners (nothing like the 704z!). Anyone have a guy? or any other thoughts as to what would be best at this point? As always, any input is much appriciated!

Tight Lines!

~ Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Reel Maintenance -

sup I fish!,

sweet reel setup! you should try brining you're reel to a local bait shop and see if they will service it for you, or check out this video

for a do it yourself approach!

-Happy Fishing!!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFISH316 View Post
Hey Guys,

Just got a mint baitrunner 3500b off fleabay to go along with my older 3500B... so after playing around with the "new" reel i determined that its MUCH smoother than my older one (ive never disassembled the old one to clean/greese). Im concerned with sending it into Shimano for servicing this close to the season as they have a few week turn around so I was thinking that maybe one of you guys may know someone who services reels in the hudson valley area?? I really just need a disassemble, cleaning, and regreese done but I am worried about trying to do the job myself as there are a ton of springs/moving parts on these older baitrunners (nothing like the 704z!). Anyone have a guy? or any other thoughts as to what would be best at this point? As always, any input is much appriciated!

Tight Lines!

~ Tim
Tim,
As with most Shimano reels, they're no cakewalk to service. Most folks who service reels for a living won't even touch Shimano reels. That said, I've never had any issue with sending the reels to Shimano for service. I wouldn't expect much of a delay, even this close to the start of the season. Best of luck!
Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Striper Hunter - iFish NY

Thanks for the input guys! Yea, I am afraid that I will let one of those little springs get loose and wont ever be able to find it!!! I am going to bite the bullet and get them into Shimano... after the season that is!!!

I wish they were all as easy to service as my 704Z! Love that thing... hopefully I'll be out in the suds by early May and Ill be able to get the Shimanos into San Diego and break out the Z's!!