Season over on north shore? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 10-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Official Member

Default Season over on north shore?

Hi all - I don't know if it matches year to year, but when does it look like the striper season will be over this year on the north shore? Do I need to be headed down to the cape area or further south if I want to catch anything? Any thoughts are appreciated - just need to prioritize based on the season's end and this is my first season fishing from the surf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Re: Season over on north shore?

it's not over as of now.... I've done well as late as Thanks giving on Plum Island if you can stand the periods of slow....alot depends on the weather patterens.. most years it is done by Halloween... Hurricain irene delt Plum Island a serious blow... it effectivly removed all "resident" fish in the river...others have replaced them, but now each time it rains.. the river runs to mud and flushes them out, making patterning them difficult... the beaches are where it is at... there have been good flurries at times for those that have been there when it happens....this time of year.. it's all or nothing...
Old 10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Official Member

Thanks, Roccus! Gives me some hope that I still have some time to find to get out there. I don't mind if it's slow as I don't mind relaxing on the refuge, but I just don't want to be out there not knowing any better and thinking there's a chance of something when the fish are long gone. Thanks for the heads up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubP View Post
Thanks, Roccus! Gives me some hope that I still have some time to find to get out there. I don't mind if it's slow as I don't mind relaxing on the refuge, but I just don't want to be out there not knowing any better and thinking there's a chance of something when the fish are long gone. Thanks for the heads up.
Aye,, there's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot