SMITTY SOUTH JERSEY STRIPER REPORT!!!MAY 7 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 05-07-2005, 12:31 PM

Default SMITTY SOUTH JERSEY STRIPER REPORT!!!MAY 7

hEY ALL. tHE BASS ARE HERE IN LARGE AMOUNTS WITH ALOT OF NICE SIZE BASS BEING CAUGHT. I have gotten reports from a few freinds in cape may fishing the rips. They are running charter boats and have been having consistent 80 plus fish per trip and are running 2 trips per day. The bait of choice in the rips is eels and they have been catching on pretty much all tides. The surf report is still alittle slow. If the bait can be found the fish are being caught pretty consistent ut other then that they are just picking up fish here and there. The back bays are really hot if you can catch the tide right but most of the fish are in the smaller size with a few 30plus fish being caught. Clam and herring seem to be the bait of choice for the back bays. As for my trips I have been out 3 times this week. Monday I went out to my fav. jetty. The windwas blowing really strong. I used fresh clam and eels but only had one runnoff. It hit the bait really hard and I had the bait runner set. By the time I got to the rod and but on the brakes he spit the clam so no fish that day. Wensday I went to corsons off the sod banks. I hit the tide just right but the wind was blowing hard. I dead sticked one rod with fresh clam and threw every plug and lure in my box and only had one hit. Again no fish. Thursday I headed out to the local jetty on the ocean side of the inlet. There was a nice rip with some bait showing up. I didn't feel like messing with any bait so I threw all artificial. I brokeout my 9 foot tice jetty rod and used mostly diving plugs and top water plugs taht all were herring imitation colors. I spent about 3 hours and no fish. I am starting to get frustrated. My season started out great. I was catching bass on every trip but I was fishing cape may now I have been fishing more north. I guess I need to stay were I was catching instead of being lazy and not taking the ride to get to my honey hole. I just figured with the water up over 50 now the fish would be showing up more north of cape may but I guess my assumtion was wrong. I need to take the ride to stay where I was catching fish consistently. I am thinking about booking a small charter boat and hitting the rips soon so if anyone from the area would be interested in getting together and splitting the charter PM me and we can set something up. Like I said they are slamming the bass in the rips and they are all an average of 30" plus fish. I am going to head to corsons this afternoon and see what I can do if I can hit the tide right. If anyone else is going to be in the area today let me know and we can hookup and try to slamem together. Even a day of getting skunked is better then a day sitting on the couch bored to death. Hopefully the weather will hold out. I will post back later and let yall know how I did. :D :twisted: :D :twisted:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2005, 08:06 PM

nice!!! :) :)

Thanks smitty