Kid looking for some help in Cape - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM
First Mate

Default Kid looking for some help in Cape

Im going to be in the cape next week and this is the first year that i have really gotten into striper fishing and i have heard from many people that the cape can be a reallly hot spot to catch some monster fish. I was wondering what techniques to use cause im from the rhode island area and everyone down here uses eels and i was wondering if the same techniques i use down here would apply to the cape. and i will be fishing the northern beaches of wellflee up to provincetown if anyone is looking for a fishing partner. Thansk for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Kid looking for some help in Cape

ya guy, well ur kinda hittin the slow point in the season right at the end of august, a lot of the major hits are headin north and to deep water. fishing is slow from the friends ive heard lately around the cape, but having said that there's always a good fish to be had.
like ive heard old salts say a million times, "if i had a nickle for every fish i caught that wasnt supposed to be there at a certain time blah blah" it gets old, but there's deffinately some truth to it. Middle of the day probly not guna produce from the warm beaches, and you wouldnt wanna hit them anyway with all the tourist traffic.
The best advice i can give ya is just fish. I would at night, and during sunrise and set, probly the same generic advice anyone would give ya for any part of any season. Ur more than likely guna hook up with a few blues so if you're pluggin, bring some wire leaders good luck fella, i hope u find a good blitz.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Official Member

Lots of blues in the cape. Have a good wire leader 60 lbs. The blues were snapping my 40 lbs leaders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
swabbie

use fresh sand eels if you are going to dunk bait. you can get the right rigs at any of those tackle shops. also, there's a party boat in P-town (C-Jay I think it's called) that will take you fluke fishing for a reasonable rate. fish dusk/dawn or at night for best results.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Russ Lamoreaux

Fluke fishing season is over.... I was going to go saturday and found it was too late!!!