Must have Braid to Mono Knot - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 06-18-2009, 05:46 PM
First Mate

Default Must have Braid to Mono Knot

This knot was developed by Patrick Sebile--designer of all the lures produced by the Sebile lure company. He saw some Japanese guys tying a version of it and came up with this knot using the basic principles from the one they were tying.
I used this knot on 30 lb poer pro to 30 lb big game and also the power pro to to wire and 80 lb mono leaders. This is a small or smaller than chinese hancuff used for hollow core and super strong. It took a couple tries at it before I got it but swear by it now, it's the balls
here is a link for the video on how to tie

I hope it's ok to post this link, try out this knot. If you get it right then you will swear by it as it just flies through eyelets or reel with no hanging up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: Must have Braid to Mono Knot

don't worry about the link, jim will fix it if it's necessary.
i like it like i like the alberto knot.
if you screw up the crisscross aspect of the knot sure it will fail in both applications. the one guy had an alberto break but i never did. (not locked i suppose) but i do the alberto once and it's done.
this one i am inclined to use with mono and not fluoro as i don't need to be tying six times to get a knot right. good post dude...

Old 06-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Grouchy old Bassturd

WOW!

(now if I only had teeth )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

yea, lol,,, i always tell younger guys not to do that with thier teeth. if i didn't give a sheet about the person i'd just go hmmmm. and say nothing. carry a nail clipper around your neck on a lanyard and be done with it. a lanyard with a small pen light as backup/small file or diamond sharpener/clipper/and it's all i really need on it cep't my mini 50 sunblock for my face.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 PM
First Mate

I don't like to use my teeth either, the ones I have left that are mine or caps cost me to much $$$. I like to use a pair of pliers as I always carry a SOG or Leatherman.

I tested this Knot a few times before I used it for my mono backing to braid line. On my tests the braid line snapped before the knot on 2 out of 3 of them. Thanks for changing the link I had, link did show the modified one that I used but they are just about the same. I also found that I did not need to burn the line or use so many knots at the end. But to each his own, I do swear buy either one of those. All of the sebile knots tested within 5 lbs or less of the lb line test. The albright and uni broke way before that like 10+ lbs on 30 lb line.
Other tests I have seen with 65lbd Power Pro to 80lbd momoi diamond mono showed the Sebile knot- broke at 70 lbds and this was on the power pro portion that wrapped around the post.

The best thing as said somewhat above is the size of this knot and it having no mono tag to hang up. This not slips right through my Abu 6600c level wind quide and all the others hung up in one direction or the other