Jersey Shore Reports for 2009 - Page 28 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 10-10-2009, 07:27 PM
I sleep with my korkers on.

Default Re: Jersey Shore Reports for 2009

I agree. The bait is absolutely everywhere and it's going to EXPLODE any day now! Can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
LunkHead

Default Re: new jersey where to go this weekend coming??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBassMan View Post
Hey guys NY fisherman here! Sudsy! Ed! how are you guys? .....was thinking of heading out to NJ for a full day of surf fishing this weekend....but I am a bit unfamiliar with where to go
So I ask you!!...where should I go? Sandy Hook is closest to me, or should I trek it out to IBSP?......if so what parking lot should I pull into I know they are numbered right? anyone want to join me drop me a line! I will probably be with my 13 year old son and dead sticking bait....any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Phil
Phil,
Sorry I missed your post till now, but you are probably better off picking your own spots, rather than taking advice from me......ain't enough tomato juice in the world to wash the smell of skunk off me right now. After a little flurry of fish a couple of weeks ago, I can't buy a hit. Fishing time has been in short supply, and my last 2 trips to the Hook have seen flatter water than I have ever seen before, it was like casting into a lake. Highlight for me was a 2 pound stargazer Saturday night. One of my buddies managed a short bass, first bass I've seen in a while.
On a side note, as we were packing up to leave, off in the distance I can hear a V-8 engine under full acceleration, I'm thinking some kid has lost his mind, driving that fast, on the crappy roads at the Hook......I can hear him getting closer, till the car makes a hard left into the exit road for the parking lot, and hauls ass right up to where we are standing. Ranger gets out, very professional, asks how we did, can he look in the cooler? "Sure" just a plug bag in there, makes some small talk, then, full throttle as he wheels the old Caprice out of the lot. Kinda bizarre. After thinking about it a bit, I'm wondering, he came right to us with a purpose, from quite a distance away, drove right up exactly where we were packing up (we were 1 of only 3 cars in the lot by that time. I saw no one else in the lot with us, how did he even know we were there? Just kinda weird

Anyway, for me at least the fishing can only get better from here, colder temps this week might help. A little wind to move the water around would help too.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 10-12-2009, 01:52 AM

Hit the Hook last night fished the well known spot from 3 A:M til dawn
Dropping tide, nnw breeze not too strong, not too soft, October...........
Went out expecting some great fishing.

NOTHING - not even a trash fish, not even a lousy bump !!
I don't get it, the math all worked but I guess the fish never studied math.

Out front is way too calm, like an effin lake.
If there's no whitewater and sweep there's not much point in wasting time screwing around with that, at least not until the peanuts start running the beach in the daylight (but who wants to deal with that crowded insanity)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Charter Captain - Guide

At this point I will gladly take Insanity! LOL...got out for a few hours and saw a lot of Mullet and they were Happy...not fish to eat them....yet!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Lunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed White View Post
Phil,
Sorry I missed your post till now, but you are probably better off picking your own spots, rather than taking advice from me......ain't enough tomato juice in the world to wash the smell of skunk off me right now. After a little flurry of fish a couple of weeks ago, I can't buy a hit. Fishing time has been in short supply, and my last 2 trips to the Hook have seen flatter water than I have ever seen before, it was like casting into a lake. Highlight for me was a 2 pound stargazer Saturday night. One of my buddies managed a short bass, first bass I've seen in a while.
On a side note, as we were packing up to leave, off in the distance I can hear a V-8 engine under full acceleration, I'm thinking some kid has lost his mind, driving that fast, on the crappy roads at the Hook......I can hear him getting closer, till the car makes a hard left into the exit road for the parking lot, and hauls ass right up to where we are standing. Ranger gets out, very professional, asks how we did, can he look in the cooler? "Sure" just a plug bag in there, makes some small talk, then, full throttle as he wheels the old Caprice out of the lot. Kinda bizarre. After thinking about it a bit, I'm wondering, he came right to us with a purpose, from quite a distance away, drove right up exactly where we were packing up (we were 1 of only 3 cars in the lot by that time. I saw no one else in the lot with us, how did he even know we were there? Just kinda weird

Anyway, for me at least the fishing can only get better from here, colder temps this week might help. A little wind to move the water around would help too.

Thanks for the info guys...took a ride to GK harbor in Staten Is and it was stacked with peanuts....I had no net but the schools were so thick I was able to snag em, without a net!! got 50 in about 15 minutes.......tonights bait! yeah... guess i will stick around local as the bait and blues are in with the mix of stripers ....good luck all!!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:49 PM
dawn patrol

its great to hear you guys are getting in to fish i picked up 2 on my fly rod in belmar last week this week been slow just started fishing for stripers in the spring. cought one and i cought 2 this fall and lookfoward to some moer this fall
Old 10-16-2009, 08:54 PM
LunkHead

Walked onto a beach Thursday night where my buddy had been plugging for 2-1/2 hrs without a bump, walked up said Hi, his phone rang, so while he answered I made a cast, had a hit and missed, a couple more cranks and Boom first keeper sized fish of the season, a whopping 28-1/2" fish. Made my buddy fish for another hour. Of course, we got nothing but a couple of bumps from there.
Went up to the Hook this morning to fish in the slop, out front was just a little too silly, took a walk out to where the bay meets the ocean and hooked a few shorts.
Moved south, back into the slop, nuttin.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed White View Post
Phil,

Ed, there's a new sheriff in town at SH.

He's originally from MA, is a young kid of 24 or so, and is very aggressive about enforcing the law. He has written more citations in his 1st 6 months than any Ranger before him. He's completely fair, and everyone is fair game to get a ticket, he doesn't play favorites. I don't mind, we had the same thing happen to us, he asked to check our coolers, I was so glad to see real enforcement I told him he could search the whole vehicle if he wanted. The one I met doesn't drive a caprice though, so you may have met someone else.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Striper Hunter

anyone been fishing raritan bay lately in a boat - heading down tonight - hearing mixed reports -- thinking of drifing eels along the channel - any other recommendations
Old 10-22-2009, 05:53 PM
First Mate

If you are really eager to go fishing but the striper run isn't fully started if you live around brick or point pleasant.

Hit the point pleasant canal.
20 plus blackfish the other day i got 2 keepers threw one back kept one. good fish in there. including bass. Saw a 4 lb black come up. and heard of bass being caught.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:04 PM
LunkHead

Last couple of mornings on the Monmouth County beaches have produced a couple of hours of birds, bait, and bass, with plenty of fish with a smattering of keeper sized fish mixed in, best for me this a.m. was a 31", it still looks like a sandeel bite, even though the fish I caught was full of crabs. I don't think the birds that were continuously whacking the water were after crabs.....mornings have been better than evenings, for me, but I'm going back down to give nightfall a shot.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
LunkHead

Better fish are around, slurping up sand eels in the mornings, went from not-quite-keeper fish to the occasinal keeper to 1 or 2 keepers an outing over the weekend....after catching fish on Sunday I took the cooler out of the car to rinse it and forgot to put it back.....of course, my buddy and I caught fish the next day, these fish took a 5 mile ride to the cleaning table at the marina. We got some looks along the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CRV Fish.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	12121

Old 11-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

a much anticipated new show on cable.... pimp my grill.
starring..... ed white as "whitey" biting the line of the incomparable cooking show host paula dean it's
"happy eatin from my grill to ya''lls"

Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 AM
LunkHead

Not a bad idea, a bed of hot charcoal underneath those babies might have made for some good slow-roasted bassy.

zim,
you getting better fish up by you? We seem to have gotten a new batch down here, mornings have been the ticket, evenings/night have been tough, hope that changes soon. Still no large that I have seen, but I'm looking!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

went to the dr. today and after that i took a look today. no bait/no fish.
i can't fish but looked in relief anyway. if i'm not missin anything i'm not so pissed. the north shore is producing fish. unusually good blackfish bite in some spots. think the big girls are on top of that but i won't get a call till it's been had and done.