Jersey Shore Reports for 2009 - Page 25 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Jersey Shore Reports for 2009

Atlantic City press reports the best news item on the local fishing scene is the presence of heavyweight striped bass with at least two 50-pounders and several that weighed more than 40 pounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 09:29 AM

It seems that Ocean Monmouth counties are in the doldrum window between the Hudson fish leaving for LI and areas north and the Chessie fish showing up.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:25 AM
LunkHead

Sudsy, my log for last year would support that, we had a shot of fish end of May, then a break until things got going for real the second week of June. Will it repeat? I doubt it, the fish never do what you want them to.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Striper Hunter

You guys are making me homesick. I raised my kids in Highlands and Atlantic Highlands. The youngest one went to high school out on Sandy Hook at the Marine Academy of Science and Technology.(MAST) He is now the Operations Manager for a German container ship company in Sydney, Austraila.

What's the skinny on parts of Sandy Hook being blocked off because of sea bird nests? I hope to be heading to the Hook next week for a couple of days fishing.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:51 PM

It's ugly
There is more beach roped off this year then any year since they started doing it.

Effin stupid beach chickens, I'm to the point where I hope they just get done with it and go extinct already. Any bird who builds it's nest within reach of the smallest storm waves deserves to be Darwinned.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 AM
First Mate

July 22nd.....and the last post was 6/17. Even if I can't get out, I read the reports hoping someone is doing ........something. Ah, summer, I guess.

OK back to building the new 350 inboard, one roadblock at a time....tight lines.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:21 AM

No reports because it pretty much sucks out there.

You can catch all the fluke you want from the beach but the odds of an 18" keeper off the sand are almost nil.
There are short bass being caught around the rocks on plugs and bait (think softies and eels) however the odds of a drag puller are low, but not impossible (so I keep telling myself).
Between the damned plover ropes and the clouds of mosquitoes the Hook is almost unfishable.

I've been about 90% freshwater for the past few weeks. That's been OK top fish was a 4lb bass from under the slop.

Going to be hitting the Delaware between Rt 95 and Bulls Island hard for the next month and a half. Smallie time !!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:26 PM
First Mate

Yeah Suds, I guess that's it. My boat's laid up so I haven't been out. Got a pond behind my house in Toms Riv. I can always count a bucketmouth or two and a few pickeral thrown in ( keeps me from goin' insane ) 22" for fluke on the NY side. I used to think 16's were tough. Keep smilin'......good luck on the Delaware.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:10 PM
LunkHead

Fluke Report:
Fluking Sucks.
3 guys, 4 hours today, 1 keeper. That math simply does not work. I'd feel bad if it was just us, but my bro was fishing the Elks tourney out of Manasquan on Sat. and was talking to boats he knew from the Verrazano to Seaside, and the results were grim. Maybe like everything else this year, it's off to a late start, but with only 5 weeks of fluke season left, it's not looking good.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

c'mon birthday boy? or is it yer birthday? i thought it was later. anyway, 18 inches is the norm right now round here with a keeper of 21.5 or so. but come end of aug is when i try to fluke as the bigguns always come like in the 3rd week of aug right on the tail of any weakie bite there might be. glad i don't fish july and august round here as it has been quite spotty at best. bluefish are nonexistent and some of the most abundant bait in some time. i'll take the bait over the fish for another month. could turn on here in sept nicely for bass.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:58 PM
LunkHead

Yeah, I had a birthday, I'm now a 19 year old trapped in a 51 year old fat man's body.
Fluking continues to suck ass, another multi-hour trip with 1 keeper between 3 of us. Generally, I'll get better fish off the beach towards the very end of the season, I'm looking forward to that, and to chasing albies when they (hopefully) show.....never hooked one from land yet, but I've seen that first run, want to try some of that.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

i know i don't come down to fish with you "EVER" but i will bring the fly rods down and you sudsy and i can chase em together. they come in once in a while here and only got to see it once and could not hook up as they were in and out too quickly down the beach and moving the opposite way. didn't catch up with them either as they moved offshore as quick as they hit the bait. fun to watch as they trap the bait for a few seconds along the beach.. that was like 4 years ago.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:35 PM

Ed, Zim,
I hear there are lots of "Jersey Tarpon" around. Could be a lot of fun on a 5 or 6 weight.

Lemme know when you want to go
Old 08-10-2009, 01:10 PM
LunkHead

I can verify that the reports are real, I was out fluking Sat evening and saw 3 different "flying footballs", and bait was present and being harrassed. I'm going to check out the local inlet after work, slack tide, see if they are around....will report back.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

had a school of about 50 dolphin hammerin p-nuts in the boat channell off seguine beach. a weakfish here and short bluefish and lots of short fluke but not been in a hurry to go out in this heat to be honest. after about 6 hrs of hittin the bricks in it i just give up. i'm sorry i missed the post sudsy.. i was not well for a bit.