Jersey Shore Reports for 2009 - Page 23 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 05-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: Jersey Shore Reports for 2009

cliff, couldn't download the pic to post it.
good to see you (and yer fish)
one bluefish and that was it for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Striper Hunter

sorry for a late post but went out friday may 8th on a charter boat out of the highlands for some night striper fishing and only 3 stripers were caught... 1 fat keeper (34 inch 16-20lbs) and two shorts... dunno if the full moon had anything to do with it but a bad night...
Old 05-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurffishJim View Post
So as it seems that this thread might have slowed down a little, specially with the way that the weather has been lately, im gunna try to "hi-jack" it for a second.

Every year me and some friends usually hit up IBSP, a few times in the summer, and with the weather getting warmer im sure that its going to be soon that i get my first request to hit it up. The girls sit and tan , and all the guys bring a few poles.

My problem is no matter what i do at IBSP, i can't hook up into ANYTHING ever, with all types of bait. Normally i fish in the RB and i can play all day with clams, worms, bunker chunks watevr i want it seems and just about never leave with out having caught SOMETHING, but IBSP skunks me and my friends every time.

Is there a difference to how u should fish a bay or how to fish open ocean? I don't want to get to specific or ask for down right specifics, but as u enter IBSP there are many many places to pull in park and walk to the beach where u can set up and do pretty much whatever, but are there certain sections that people know don't produce fish, or certain lots that people fish out of knowing that there is a hole out there or something?

I just don't want to go out 3 - 4 times again this year and just get skunked left and right. Any kinda help for IBSP would be helpful, and if u know a redirect where i can get different information about it please link.

thanks to all

(Edited for my failure to proofread before alt+s)
check your forecast and if the map looks like this and you see the H over our area then it is a crap shoot if you will get into fish. this is this evenings map. bluefish perhaps and cocktails at that. one or two fish and thats after dark and after that red moon comes up again tonight it will be after midnight on the outgoing (if at all)

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Lunker

hammerd bass the other nigth just me and my buddy all to our self.nothing to big but most of them on top water. out front
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00358.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	10792  
Old 05-14-2009, 07:55 PM
kenstoy

hi all,sorry about posting late,but we are having a great time on lbi,monday the 11th we got into stripers pretty good with 8 shorts and 2 keepers at 29 and 30 in,with 1 taug at 25 in .that was the first taug i caught on the beach so i got a pic and put him back in.tues was slow 1 27 in .weds another 27 in . i will put some pics in sunday when we get home im using my daughters little web book just to post .thanks ken and family
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 PM

i just got told i get to go out on a friends boat for the first time tomorrow night. We are setting sail around 630ish 7, into the RB for an all night fishing bonanza, tides look to be really good for it too!!! Ill reply with the catches!!

Super excited
Old 05-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

uh oh<

Old 05-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Striper Hunter

fished CM all day Tues lots of dogs and skates, no bass used clams and bunker, was fishing the jettys at CMP early afternoon really large school of bunker moving north off of CMP only thing chasing them was porpoises, weather was great water was clean but no fish
Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Lunker

what does cmp stand for?

was out tonigth strong swell
1 blue fish on a pencil
Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 AM

So we went out friday night out of Atlantic highlands and drove to the first spot and landed 2 small stripers, then we moved again, and again landed 2 small stripers, after about 45 mins of nothing we moved once more, in the pitch black, to the "secret" spot as the boat driver said, anchored up, and caught about 15 - 20 stripers some shorts and some just over 28. Father-in-law landed 2 about 36in. after about 2 hours there start catching skates, and we were just about out of clams so we headed home in the thick fog which made for an interesting ride.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:13 PM
LunkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnut View Post
hammerd bass the other nigth just me and my buddy all to our self.nothing to big but most of them on top water. out front
Niice, haven't taken one bass on artificial yet, but I'm headed out now to a beach where fish have been taken out in 25' of water....the fish are there, I just have to call 'em in!

Got a couple of fat 27" fish at the hook the other day, out front, on clams.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 05-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Striper Hunter

out front at SH yesterday... overcast and nice swells in the water... great solid 2 hr action with stripers... landed one keeper and safely released 11 shorties (24-27 inches) all on clams...
Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 AM
First Mate

Thurs & Fri nights ( south side of Staten Island ) were good. Couple of boo-fish, few short stripes, 2 keepers 30" and 33". Forget Saturday. Looked at the beach spots. Creosote bonefires, headlamps left on, loud drinking, and enough rods in the sand to build a picked fence around my old school. Went home. Gotta stick to weekday nights.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 PM
First Mate

Finally got a chance to head to the Hook this Spring. I'm hoping to be there for the majority of the incoming tide, and will report tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wiz View Post
Thurs & Fri nights ( south side of Staten Island ) were good. Couple of boo-fish, few short stripes, 2 keepers 30" and 33". Forget Saturday. Looked at the beach spots. Creosote bonefires, headlamps left on, loud drinking, and enough rods in the sand to build a picked fence around my old school. Went home. Gotta stick to weekday nights.
man, jim and i fished there last year this time and the ne wind damn near killed him. these boneheads should not be allowed to lite fires.