Jersey Shore Reports for 2009 - Page 22 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 05-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Jersey Shore Reports for 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2fsh View Post
lololol thats hillarious!!!! thats how i felt on Friday May 1st at SH... but then i went into stripers... non stop action on clams.... all shorts except one 30 incher 16lbs :) first keeper i caught in three years...
wtg, man congrats! Everything is different after your first, Now you can actually justify your addiction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Striper Hunter

thanxs dark... im headin out on a charter boat fri night for stripers around the SH area.... hopefully i'll keep my streak goin!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:17 PM

Blue fish... all up and down my beach yesterday.... good thing my father-in-law likes blue fish.... on the far left of the beach there were guys chuckin plugs off a little rock wall that i know drops into a little hole and they were getting nothing but blues too...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Striper Hunter

hopefully these blues will not stick around that long and we can enjoy some striper action...
Old 05-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

they are here for good.. if they move off it will be due to pods of bunker to chase (which i have not seen too many of lately).. there are spots to get bass and elude bluefish but it is a move move move till it happens kinda deal. i have not seen this bluefish invasion so thick this early in quite a while. if the bunker were in as thick as last month it would make for a better situation. well, almost........

Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 AM
LunkHead

I had a good time the other day in the Bay picking at the blues for a couple of hours, including one on my first cast....nothing says bluefish like a Krokodile.....was fun to put a bend in the rod, saw 100 blues and 0 bass, tide turned and it was over.
Saw my first blue down my way last night, I was clamming in the churning ocean and caught nothing, but a stop at a local inlet let me see a guy walking off with a smaller blue, and he said he had to cut off a much larger one.
Have not seen a bass from out front yet, but I'm trying.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Fished Raritan bay last week, 8 stripers 4 keepers to 34 inches and a few blue fish. fishing is improving.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Striper Hunter

hey zimno i know this is a couple months late but

"he is gonna get litterers/shorts/radios/fires/drinkers/auto's/loud bikers/trespassers/etc."

Whats wrong with radios unless there blasting it? Down here you can have fires as long as its below high tide. I have no problem with drinkers unless their drunk. Why pick on bikers unless their running straight pipes(no muffler)?I'm a biker too. Most are no louder than some of the 4X4 beach buggys.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Whats wrong with radios unless there blasting it? Down here you can have fires as long as its below high tide. I have no problem with drinkers unless their drunk. Why pick on bikers unless their running straight pipes(no muffler)?I'm a biker too. Most are no louder than some of the 4X4 beach buggys.
Ill answer for him if i may. darkness and stealth = Bigger fish
Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 PM

So as it seems that this thread might have slowed down a little, specially with the way that the weather has been lately, im gunna try to "hi-jack" it for a second.

Every year me and some friends usually hit up IBSP, a few times in the summer, and with the weather getting warmer im sure that its going to be soon that i get my first request to hit it up. The girls sit and tan , and all the guys bring a few poles.

My problem is no matter what i do at IBSP, i can't hook up into ANYTHING ever, with all types of bait. Normally i fish in the RB and i can play all day with clams, worms, bunker chunks watevr i want it seems and just about never leave with out having caught SOMETHING, but IBSP skunks me and my friends every time.

Is there a difference to how u should fish a bay or how to fish open ocean? I don't want to get to specific or ask for down right specifics, but as u enter IBSP there are many many places to pull in park and walk to the beach where u can set up and do pretty much whatever, but are there certain sections that people know don't produce fish, or certain lots that people fish out of knowing that there is a hole out there or something?

I just don't want to go out 3 - 4 times again this year and just get skunked left and right. Any kinda help for IBSP would be helpful, and if u know a redirect where i can get different information about it please link.

thanks to all

(Edited for my failure to proofread before alt+s)
Old 05-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Learn to read the water
You can do that by searching the site then coming back with any specific questions.
Otherwise it's just chuck n luck.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:18 PM

My report for the entire past week - effin monster bluefish, I mean MONSTERS Name:  Bluefish.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  2.2 KB Click image for larger version

Name:	bluefishGiant.gif
Views:	37
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	10728

I've had it! Think I'm going to wait a few days for this moon to dim down a bit before trying again.
Srsly, Gamigatsu stock prices must be skyrocketing
Old 05-11-2009, 07:03 PM

I tried the incoming tide mothers day eve. Couldnt fish the drop, had to go. Fished a leeward spot without bait or blues, basically rotated through colors of some new custom plugs friends had given me and got some practice bucktailing.
I had a really nice evening to fish before having to head back. Would have loved to scout another area but just didnt have the time.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:43 AM

Fished RB yesterday amid reports of excellent fishing all last week, it was not to be. In the AM we had wind against tide so we trolled the incoming to grab nothing but blues. Then for outgoing we anchored up and threw everything we had, clams, bunker, topwater, you name it, not a touch. Went back on the troll for more blues and finally got a 14 #er at the end of the day. A lot of work for one bass.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Bowanna

Out yesterday at the hook...1 short, 1 keeper - 20 lbs., 1 run off, 3 skates, no blues, big wind and water.

Saturday - 2 keepers - 30 incher and a 35 incher, and blues till no end, until the tide changed. Caught everything on the last 2 hours of the incoming.