Got Room in Your Boat for a Wheelchair??? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 07-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Official Member

Post Got Room in Your Boat for a Wheelchair???

Hi Everyone!
This is my first post on here, and the only reason I'm doing so is because I'm in a wheelchair and have had NO LUCK fishing from the only piers that I can get close to the water from.
I'm hoping that someone reading this has room in their boat for me, and they'd be willing to take me out.
I've been hearing that the stripers are hitting HARD along the coast of Massachusetts, but apparently not where I can get to.
If you *DO* have room, and you'd like to take me fishing, PLEASE contact me at: [email protected]
BTW... I have my own transportation, and my own equipment. Just looking for a spot on a boat and some people to hang with.

THANX!

-- Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Default Re: Got Room in Your Boat for a Wheelchair???

Old 07-13-2010, 01:59 AM

Nate -
I'll move this post to the Massachusetts forum. Maybe somone is close enough for you and kind enough to take you out.

Best of luck - welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
swabbie

Welcome Nate!

Unfortunately my boat isn't big enough for a wheelchair but I admire your love of fishing :)

You might want to see if you can also pick up some info on this site that will make your shore fishing more productive in terms of tactics and timing. Where do you usually fish? Maybe someone knows those areas and can provide some good advice.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:07 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Welcome aboard Nate. I am a surf Guy with out a boat but If i had one I would surely bring you on. A friend of mine that was born with Spina Bifida is dying to fish with me, I will talk to him and see ho he has made out. I would certainly check out some of the larger party type boats. I am certain some will have ADA accesiblity. If I do come across any one in my travels that has the ability to get a chair on board I will definitely let you know.

Best of Luck

Bass Wishes.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Striper Hunter

Nate I would be happy to take you out. Let me 1st say I am not the best fisherman. I just got a new boat 2002 21' walkaround seaswirl. I have plenty of room for a wheelchair. Maybe you can teach me some things!!! I am going for my 1st trip to Stellwagen on Sunday with a full boat but let me know when you would like to go out!!