Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Best rod and reel for fishing strippers off a dam

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ferhanamuneer432 
#1 ·
i have a damn down the street from my house i like to go fishing there but i know my ugly stik wont pull up a striper 30 feet in the air to much bending i was just wondering what would be a good rod for that job thanks =)

#2 ·
This is not a wise thing to do. What are you going to do if it's a short fish that you must release? Throw it 30 feet back into the water? It won't survive that. Even if you use a bridge net to lower it back down, there's no way to make sure that it is revived enough before being released as it will surely be very stressed after that ordeal. I'll not fish from a place that I cannot physically reach the water to properly release a fish. shake.gif

#5 · (Edited)
When fishing for stripers (striped bass) off a dam, you'll want a rod and reel combination that can handle the strong and aggressive fighting nature of these fish. Keep in mind that the best fishing rods and reel combo can vary depending on your location, the size of stripers in the area, and your personal fishing style. It's always a good idea to visit a local tackle shop or consult with experienced anglers in the area for specific recommendations based on your fishing conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.