Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Kennebec River Conditions

88K views 140 replies 20 participants last post by  Matuliska 
#1 ·
Rain, Rain, Go Away...
Kennebec River is flowing at over 40000 cubic feet per second. Once river settles and clears Striper Fishing is going to bust wide open...
They are here but almost impossible to fish for...
Once the dust settles. The hunt is on...
Will post as soon as the bite is on...
:smiley17e:

#79 ·
Things are looking great up my way..
Stripers in full swing..
Fresh with sea lice..
Between Monday and Tuesday caught 15 ranging from schoolie to keeper size.
A lot of rain has helped with water flow.
Here's fishing friend Cody with nice 30 incher.
Cody can get it done.
St.Croix all the Way!!

Attachments

#84 ·
Say goodbye to these topwater diamonds..
Hooked two Monsters yesterday in Kennebec first one spooled me took over 300 yards powerpro broke at leader.
Second one cut me off on ledge.
Both fish well over 40 inches.
The big cows are filtering in...
Shimano Orca Topwater lures Rock!!.
Hopefully will be able to land one of the
Big Cows...
St.Croix all the Way!!

Attachments

#92 ·
Not true,
Head of Tide in Augusta south you can. Waterville Winslow just one.
After july 1st Big Bridge in Waterville south can use two trebles. North of bridge only 1 year round.
St.Croix all the Way!!
I am confused as well... you say Augusta South? is that south of Winslow but above the power lines?

Due to the removal of Edwards dam, the "head of tide" in the Kennebec River is now at the downstream side of the power line located approximately 4,200 feet upstream of the Calumet Bridge at Old Fort Western in Augusta (formerly the Father Curran Bridge) for enforcement purposes.

#98 ·
Butcha with a nice schoolie.
Caught 15 last night under the cover
of darkness.
Been slaying them at night!!
Most in the 26 to 30 inch range.
Water flow is perfect right now.
St.Croix all the Way!!
Jumping minnow hot lure in our area..
Well over 100 fish been caught on this Topwater Jem...

Attachments

#102 ·
A bunch or great fish for you and your crew Striperman!

I made my first trip up to your area this morning. Goal was to scope things out and familiarize myself with spots in the daylight so I can come back in the dark. Found a bunch of great looking spots to come back to. Unfortunately, stripers were mostly either not there or not interested in what I was throwing this morning. I did manage two stripers, about 20" and 28", several hits, and briefly hooked a big smallmouth that was not at all intimidated by a 6" popper! Welcome bycatch for sure!

Overall, looks like a very fishy area with a bunch of great spots close together. I can't wait to come back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.