Poachers in the Merrimack get NAILED - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Poachers in the Merrimack get NAILED

Saw this on another site always good to hear of some justice!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A couple of days ago I reported on a subject that irks most of us and that's taking of undersized fish. Well I'm happy to report that Law Enforcement BAGGED about 28 people last night in Salisbury! Ironically I had heard the story of people taking undersized fish from someone I work with. We had made tentative plans to meet last night at the spot he had seen the illegal activity. At the last minute yesterday both my boys wanted to go so I changed location to New Hampshire (See Rye Harbor State Park post). When I got into work today my co-worker told me the Law Enforcement busted over 28 people last night. They were all fishing in between the old rail road bridge and the Rt. 1 Bridge, Salisbury side on the Merrimack River. The officer was watching all the activity for more than an hour and waited until one of the sleaze balls put an undersized fish in his car. He swooped in a told them all (including my co-worker) that they were all under arrest. He then proceeded to sort out everyone, searching vehicles, issuing tickets/citations and confiscating equipment. He gave out $100.00 fines per undersized fish bagging more than 28 people in all! The guy I work with was pretty shaken up as the officer grouped all the Asians together leaving anyone else out of the bust. He was let go but shaken up just the same!

It's good to hear these guys are on the ball and bagging those that what to ruin it for the rest of us. If anyone sees this story writen up any where please post it if possible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 01:28 PM

Brings a smile to my face every time I read about these busts
Old 06-22-2006, 02:56 PM
First Mate

Me too. I wish everyone would get caught..........In probably 30 boating trips from the state ramp in PLymouth I've seen law enforcement checking fish exactly ONCE...

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

i hope they think twice next time. kudos to the stripah cops, bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:03 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Yes! I love it when scum is taken out. They should fence that space off, and use barded wire and razor wire.

One more....fa tha good guys.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

JB, I told you they bagged some guys there when I was working on my boat.. the guy that called used my cell phone..

They used to fish from my marina but they fenced it all off and put gwtes on the docks....
Old 06-22-2006, 03:53 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Ya, I remember seeing 3 or 4 people at that spot when I took one of the nephews down and met ya that night when you wuz workin on tha barge. When we walked down tha dock they seemed to be throwing the schoolies back, but probably only because we were standing there

I hate poachers. I hope they die slow. No remorse. No tolerance.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocktherapy
Me too. I wish everyone would get caught..........In probably 30 boating trips from the state ramp in PLymouth I've seen law enforcement checking fish exactly ONCE...

Yeah, I had not seen one in ages, then a few weeks ago a guy shows up. It was a perfect day and I had just released a 27" fish, I start chatting with him and he mumbles something about it must be nice to be fishing, so I gave him a spare rod out of the back of my truck and he fished with me for 20-25 mintues. It was pretty funny actually.

Good to see justice served... wish the fines were higher though.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:31 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlarson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocktherapy

Yeah, I had not seen one in ages, then a few weeks ago a guy shows up. It was a perfect day and I had just released a 27" fish, I start chatting with him and he mumbles something about it must be nice to be fishing, so I gave him a spare rod out of the back of my truck and he fished with me for 20-25 mintues. It was pretty funny actually.

Good to see justice served... wish the fines were higher though.
That's funny!! Good thing you let the 27" go..........!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Striper Hunter

Gonna sleep good tonight